Skip to content

New XP cap limit?

2»

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    As @Humanoid_Taifun says, 100k or 200k extra exp means very little at the start of BG2. But as has also been mentioned, it doesn't really matter one way or the other since it's so simple to manually set the exp cap to whatever you feel suits your game.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318

@ Lemernis, I played BGTutu with SCS installed and completed the game rather well despite not installing an XP cap remover. mind you, I have had so many playthroughs with this game that despite the increased difficulty of SCS I feel I still had the advantage. I just feel that raising the level cap will jeopardise the difficulty of not only BGEE but BG2EE unless of course the devs are increasing the difficulty settings?

There are other mods that increase tactical difficulty in BG2 as well, as you probably know. Tactics and Ascenion/WeiDU are probably the most famous.
  • Silver6986Silver6986 Member Posts: 26
    @Humanoid_Taifun you make a fair point about raising the limit if only a couple hundred thousand XP, however I just felt that it would make the game too easy (as I already find I need SCS to play the game now). I agree that for all those that may be new to the game or perhaps have not played through BG as often as I have, some extra XP could go a long way for them, didn't consider all angles unfortunately :/
    @Lola that was one of the benefits of the Sword Coast Stratagems mod, there was an option in there to up the ante in the final battle, feels more epic :)
  • LolaLola Member Posts: 13
    @LiquiSilver11 I'm so stupid, I already knew it -_- Thanks for reminding me :)
    @Lemernis yes I do use the Ascension mod (fantastic mod I must say), whenever I read comments on other difficulty mods other then SCS though I remember reading that a lot of cheese was involved (not that SCSI & II can't be somewhat cheesy, but I guess that depends on how one looks at it and what they consider cheating) for example I never had a problem with enemies quaffing potions and casting spells *before* battle.