Skip to content

[Fixed][Known 9583] [iPhone] It should be possible to unhide left and right panels

hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
edited June 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Gate70 said:

[iPhone] It should be possible to unhide left and right panels

1. Start a new BG:EE game with any pre-gen character on the iPhone.
2. Hide the left or right panel with the toggle in the upper corner.
3. Use the toggle in the lower corner to unhide the panel.

*Observed*
It isn't possible to use the toggle.

*Expected*
It should be possible to use the toggle to unhide the panel.

*Note*
It is possible to reveal the side UI panels with a stylus, but even then it isn't easy to do so.

1. Start a new BG:EE game with any pre-gen character on the iPhone.
2. Hide the left or right panel with the toggle in the upper corner.
3. Use the toggle in the lower corner to unhide the panel.

*Observed*

It isn't possible to use the toggle.

*Expected*

It should be possible to use the toggle to unhide the panel.

*Notes*

I'm on an iPhone 4S with iOS 7.1.2.
Post edited by hook71 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Thanks @hook71‌

I've added this to the list with a minor addition. Still not usable in a practical sense though.
  • grimbonesgrimbones Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased this game on iPhone 4S and after exiting the first time my left side bar had collapsed it is impossible to re-open it. I see the button I need to press but I am completely unable to press it. I feel like my 10$ was stolen by purchasing a broken product becuase this game is unplayable at this point without the menus.
    Just to clarify the collapse or open button is so small on the edge of the screen you cannot press it no matter how you try. I would like a fix or refund.
  • mannegermanneger Member Posts: 6
    Experiencing the same problem. Very annoying. The possible fix mentioned in known bugs - can you elaborate on it? I really want to play the game...
  • unhidemymenusunhidemymenus Member Posts: 39
    I cannot even play. If i miss when i select the top icon on either side and it hides the menu it is gone forever. If i kill my guy and re load it's still gone. If i clear the ram (like fully close the app) it changes nothing. This must be fixed asap, it's terrible. I also dont have sound anymore...
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited September 2014
    Hi
    This has been raised and is with the developers. I expect @Dee‌ will advise on that at the appropriate point.

I understand the sidebars can be re-opened with a stylus but is not easy to do. i.e. much harder to re-open than it was to close it.

@grimbones‌ if despite our best efforts you wish to pursue a refund the returns policy can be found at the link below.
    http://www.beamdog.com/about/returns
    (Edit: The Beamdog return policy only applies to purchases made through Beamdog.com - for iTunes purchases you'll have to go through Apple. ~Dee)

@manneger‌ @unhidemymenus‌ I don't have an iPhone to test but on PC and Android it looks like loading an earlier save restores the menu. I'm mentioning this in case it helps but aware it might not. I assume from starting the app you can get to load an early game, would appreciate any feedback from you to say whether this restores the sidebars as an interim measure.
    Thanks
    Post edited by Dee on
    edited September 2014
    I opened an older save and the menus were there. I closed them and exited without saving and they did not remain closed nexttime it opened.

This is weird though as my quicksave file they are gone when i load up. I was not able to quick save obviously as the menus were gone. So i dont get why they would remain closed
  • Korevas17Korevas17 Member Posts: 57
    @Dee Sounds like a good idea hopefully this can be implemented soon! As of now I've had no luck unhiding the right panel even with a stylus and disabling the control center within apps :(
    Very impressed to see this addressed so quickly. I had a sinking feeling it would not. Hopes and prayers for quick resolve so we may play!
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

Wow good to hear thank you. An additional thing you could do is add an option to disable the hide button at the top. I wouldnt want the menus gone anyways as you need them for most everything

This is an excellent point.
    Yes, disabling that would be good too!
  • pootertooterpootertooter Member Posts: 2
    I don't know about disabling the hide button. Due to iPhone's size, I found it hard to move to a new area without hiding the UI. I can't wait to play this game on-the-go, but this UI problem is crippling. Thanks for paying attention to this. Is there any ETA on a fix?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    zorlok said:

I found a fix for this problem! If you activate the zoom function of the accessibility menu (double tap with 3 fingers) you can zoom in on the bottom right corner and easily maximize the menus! Hope this helps until the fix comes.

A wonderful and ingenious workaround. 5 internets for you, good sir!
  • pootertooterpootertooter Member Posts: 2
    Go Zorlok!!
    how do i change my forums name name, as the menus have been unhid
    edited September 2014
    zorlok said:

I found a fix for this problem! If you activate the zoom function of the accessibility menu (double tap with 3 fingers) you can zoom in on the bottom right corner and easily maximize the menus! Hope this helps until the fix comes.

Could you elaborate? Double tapping with 3 fingers seem to do nothing for me. What is the accessibility menu?

EDIT: Nvm! Found it! Under settings in the iphone base menu for those as phone-illiterate as me.
  • dwx882dwx882 Member Posts: 4
    Gate70 said:

I understand the sidebars can be re-opened with a stylus but is not easy to do. i.e. much harder to re-open than it was to close it.

Doesn't work for me. I've been playing the game on an iPod Touch (5G, 64GB) using a bamboo solo stylus, which has one of the smallest tips of any stylus I've used with no luck. I'm glad that this issue has been brought up to devs and will hopefully be fixed soon!
    zorlok said:

This worked for me too! Though this is a pain in the butt to have to do. It will work until this gets fixed! Thanks!

• J_ButcherJ_Butcher Member Posts: 4
    Hi there, is there an ETA for this Fix / Enhancement? I downloaded the game last night and it would seem this is still an issue. Thanks.
  • emqemq Member Posts: 2
    Zorlok is my savior.
  • baxtabbaxtab Member Posts: 2
    I just downloaded the game to my iPhone, is this issue going to be fixed soon?
  • baxtabbaxtab Member Posts: 2
    What to do?
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    @baxtab - Have you tried zorlok's workaround posted above?
  • MajyaMajya Member Posts: 1
    manneger said:

zorlok said:

Could you elaborate? Double tapping with 3 fingers seem to do nothing for me. What is the accessibility menu?

EDIT: Nvm! Found it! Under settings in the iphone base menu for those as phone-illiterate as me.
    Nice!! Finally after 3 days of not playing and being pissed, I have the bar back! Cheers mate for finding the option panel to turn on the 3 finger zoom haha. @beamdog... still waiting for that update:)
  • Venater79Venater79 Member Posts: 1
    Why not just add an option in the settings for hide/unhide it?
  • gerolegerole Member Posts: 1
    You rock zorlok!
  • DomReardonDomReardon Member Posts: 2
    I bought this game yesterday for the iPhone5. I'm having the same problem, I keep accidentally collapsing the sidebars and they cannot be reopened. I've tried the zoom workaround it doesn't work for me. I'm really appalled, I can't play the game until this has been fixed and that is not good enough. When will the problem be fixed?
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    This has been fixed in version 1.3.1 (1.3.2070).