Skip to content

Pickpocket Targets

GrayleGrayle Member Posts: 43
I've noticed that the old post at (http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Pockets_to_Pick) has been deleted, and there really isn't any place else that offers a list this comprehensive. I'm reposting it here for everyone's convenience. Also, are there any new targets for the EE versions? I'd like to know that as well!

Baldur's Gate I

Candlekeep

Phlydia - Lynx Eye Gem, Gold Necklace

Fuller - Dagger +1

Priest of Oghma - 2 Potions of Healing

Friendly Arm Inn

Gellana Mirrorshade - 1 Elixir of Health, 1 Potion of Heroism

Landrin - 6 Antidotes

Beregost

Silke - Potion of Invulnerability

Glayde, Faltis and Tessilan (Silke's trading partners) - Potion of Defense (one each)

Marl - Andar gem

Bjornin - Medium shield +1

Mirianne - Ring of protection +1

Algernon - Algernon's Cloak (also required for a quest in the city of Baldur's Gate)

Beregost Temple

Keldath Ormlyr - 1 Potion of Healing, 1 Elixir of Health

Sirines - Pearl, Shortbow (per Sirine)

High Hedge

Permidian Stark - Shortbow, Short sword, Chrysoberyl Gem

Thalantyr - Potion of Fire Resistance, Potion of Mind Focusing

Nashkel

Berrun Ghastkill - Longbow, Spear

Volo - Aquamarine Gem

Carnival

The Great Gazib - Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Agannazar's Scorcher

Zeke - Stone to Flesh Scroll

Merchant - Violet potion, Red potion

Gullykin

Gandalor Luckyfoot - Battle Axe, Elixir of Health

Firewine Bridge

Bentan - Scroll of Magic Protection

Poe - Star Diopside Gem

Cloakwood

Aldeth Sashenstar - Bastard Sword +1 (+3 vs. Shapeshifters)

Seniyad - Ring of Animal Friendship

Fishing Village (North of Friendly Arm Inn)

Sonner - Flail + 1, Bowl of water elemental control

Baldur's Gate

East/Gate Area (AR 0800)

Niklos - Potion of Master Thievery

Halbazzer Drin - Nymph Cloak

Brevlik - Ring of Folly, Wand of Lightning

Alyth - Fire Agate gem

Arkion - Bloodstone Amulet

Resar - Wand of paralyzation

Narlen Darkwalk - Short bow, Short sword, Crysoberyl gem

Husam - Sphene gem

Black Lily - Skydrop gem

Docks

Cordyr - Scroll of Haste, Scroll of Flame Arrow

Noralee - 2 Potions of Infravision, Composite long bow, Long sword

Yago - Yago's book of curses

Jalantha Mistmyr - Sphene Gem, Child's Body, Geas Removal Scroll

South

Elkart - 10gp, Composite Long Bow

Nadarin - Boots of Stealth

Nemphre - Onyx ring, Scroll of Vampiric Touch

Flaming Fist Headquarters (AR 1100)

Brandilar - Bloodstone Ring

Hall of Wonders

Be'land - Garnet Gem, Potion of Fire Resistance

Brathlen - 1 Potion of Healing

Chanthalas Ulbright - 1 Potion of Healing, Tome of Understanding

Duchal Palace

Bheren - Cloak of Protection +1

Riennie - Protection from Poison Scroll

Nantrin Bellowglyn - Star Diopside Gem

Ramazit - Ring of Protection +2

Market/Central BG

Glanmarie - Pearl

Nadine - Amulet of Protection +1, Necklace of missiles

Candlekeep Revisited

Brunos - Potion of Frost Giant Strength

Rieltar - Potion of Clarity, Potion of Genius

Ulgoth's Beard

Dushai - Ring of Free Action, Scroll of Web**

Baldur's Gate II

Waukeen's Promenade, Ribald in the Adventurer's Mart - Ring of Regeneration

Temple District, Guardian Telwyn in the Temple of Helm - Helm of Glory (This is a quest reward but you might want to steal it because the quest is fairly hard and the helm gives +1 Charisma)

Government District, Tolgerias in the Council of Six Building - Ring of Ram

Trademeet, Taquee the Djinn - Bottle of Efreeti

Thieves Guild, Aran Linvail - Light Crossbow +2, 20 Bolts of Biting, 20 Normal Bolts, 4 Wooden Stakes

Nobles and Guards - Have chances to hold high-level scrolls, high value gems and potions.*

*thanks to elminster for pointing that out!
**thanks to CrevsDaak!
Post edited by Grayle on

Comments

• TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    No offense, but you can acquire most of those items without pockpocket, and quite a few others aren't worth the risk. I mean, who would ever be desperate enough to steal a regular spear from Berrun Ghastkill..
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Lord Feveron doesn't have a scroll of simulacrum. He just has 3 random items in his quick slots, one of which is a "wealthy" drop. It isn't always going to be a scroll (much less a simulacrum scroll), it could simply be a bloodstone amulet or a gem.

Its the same with Lady Delcia (Nalia's aunt).
  • GrayleGrayle Member Posts: 43
    elminster said:

Lord Feveron doesn't have a scroll of simulacrum. He just has 3 random items in his quick slots, one of which is a "wealthy" drop. It isn't always going to be a scroll (much less a simulacrum scroll), it could simply be a bloodstone amulet or a gem.

Its the same with Lady Delcia (Nalia's aunt).

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. I'll update the original post. :)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Majority of he guards and nobles in BG2 can also be pickpocketed for items like scroll and gems.

There is also a squirrel that has a ring of luck in BG that you can only acquire by pockpoxketing it.
    deltago said:

Majority of he guards and nobles in BG2 can also be pickpocketed for items like scroll and gems.

There is also a squirrel that has a ring of luck in BG that you can only acquire by pockpoxketing it.

Hmmm, which squirrel? The one at the start of Neera's zone? Adoy's Enclave?

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014
    The ring/stone of luck doesn't exist. At least not in the base game (unless you count Alora's ring though you can't remove that).
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited September 2014
    meagloth said:

elminster said:

The ring/stone of luck doesn't exist. At least not in the base game (unless you count Alora's ring though you can't remove that).

No it isn't. I swear I have one.
    image.
    I totally and completely believe you. :-)

Efreeti bottle and Ring of Reg. Are very sweet loots, definitely must haves. I pickpocketed quite a lot of potions from city guards, battle potions like stone giant strength etc. They sell for nice money. I think scs may be responsible as it gives random potions to fighter types for them to use up in battle.

Also, the best place to pickpocket is Trademeet! After saving the city you can steal Blackblood+3, Ras the dancing sword, Belt of Inertial Barrier, Tasherons bow and many other cool items from that vendor. That vendor is pickpocketable and is not very dangerous to steal from. You can also steal lots of +1 +2 weapons and armor from them and sell them to thieves in Athkathla:major gold gain!

• PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    I really think a good enhancement to the game would be increasing the amount of quality loot available via pickpocketing. As mentioned above, it currently is hardly worth the trouble to perform pickpocketing (not to mention the required skill points). I would like to see this skill become more useful with better loot available in the pockets of the citizens of the game.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    The efreet thing is cool, but most of the stuff you can get another way, or they arent worth nabbing, esp BG2.

Isnt there some stuff in Ulgoth's worth punking?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    DreadKhan said:

Yeah, Dushai has a Ring of Free action and a scroll of Web (not random loot).
    CrevsDaak said:

DreadKhan said:

Yeah, Dushai has a Ring of Free action and a scroll of Web (not random loot).
    Thanks for that! I'll update the main file.

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    I believe that one of the people fighting Rasaad in Trademeet has a cloak that can be PPd... Gives a bonus to off-hand THAC0, IIRC.
    abacus said:

I believe that one of the people fighting Rasaad in Trademeet has a cloak that can be PPd... Gives a bonus to off-hand THAC0, IIRC.

Hmm, I wonder if you can pickpocket hawksight and the Cloak of unerring strikes as well during this encounter? I'll have to test it on my next playthrough, unless anyone else can confirm that you can/can't.

That would certainly allow people to not murder this group just for the items. heh

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    If you go around pickpocketing noblemen and city guards around Athkathla, you can get lucky with random loot and get some sweet high level scrolls. I remember getting mordenkainen sword, spell sequencer, ruby ray, etc. Also Laeral's Tear necklaces sell for good money. Haven't tried it yet in ee to good extent so it may have been nerfed a bit.
    Hmmm, I'm thinking I should include stores with noteworthy items to pickpocket from, but wouldn't that muddle the list?
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    Grayle said:

Hmmm, I'm thinking I should include stores with noteworthy items to pickpocket from, but wouldn't that muddle the list?

Not really ]as in it would not muddle the issue] .. because the real point of the posting is what kind of game can be developed by putting Thief points into Pickpocket. Algernon's Cloak and Dushai in Ulgoth's Beard plus the 3 Potions of Defense associated with the Silke encounter make a huge difference in the early game.

But when you include looting the Nashkel Store [after selling otherwise indispensable items] while using a potion obtainable in the Carnival. That can become a core route to fairly reliable no-reload playthroughs. Particularly if you are going to keep some other Thief NPC for handling traps.

@Paladin I agree. I should think it would not be that hard to do some modding that would allow pickpocketing to come up with Information in the form of letters, messages, etc. that leads to some interesting consequences or is at least entertaining. I mean, who really were the parents of Noober!!