Skip to content

Where would you like to travel to?

DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
Is there anywhere in the world you would like to visit before you die?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I'd like to visit Cairo, or even spend a night with the beduins in the arabian desert!

Also, as a Fantasy fan , I tend to get really excited whenever I visit a castle or fortress.
    Mhamza said:

I'd like to visit Turkey, the land of my ancestors, and visit the Haghia Sophia.

I've been there , the turkish are very friendly and the whole place is just beautiful!
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    Italy. I'd love to see the old Roman ruins, and the Vatican, and the canals of Venice, and all the other historical stuff from before it was actually called Italy.

One small problem: I don't like hot countries! (I've been living in one for the past few months...we've had an unusually long and hot summer over here!)

I'd also like to visit Sweden once.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Paris, istanbul and puket was good enough for me and some day want to visit usa.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited September 2014
    At one time my top 5 were Paris, Geneva, London, Rome and Prague. I have visited the first four (Geneva and Rome multiple times), but still need the see fantasy-castle-land.

Now I need to add Japan and Spain to my list. I'd also love to return to England and see some of the stuff I missed.

Oh, and New Zealand as well. Natural beauty. My dad has been and said it was unreal. I also love Kiwi fruit.
  • maximaxi Member Posts: 86
    New Zealand is the dream numer one... and maybe one day if it is possible and if I like it (no doubts about it) move there.
    then I would like to visit iceland, peru, bolivia, a road trip in the US, tibet and nepal.... but New Zealand first, and if my traveling finish there I am happy with it :)
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I'm a traveler. I'd like to see as much as possible. Next on the list is São Paulo, Brasil.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    I would like to travel to.... and take my historical duty seriously. IF i ever had one this is the time for germans to do it!
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Australia and New Zealand are around the top of my list. Also like to see Japan and Istanbul at some time in my life. And although I live in the US I'd like to actually see it too. Like camping at Yellowstone, seeing the Grand Canyon and Niagara Falls and going to Texas just to see what happens when I mess with it.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    I want to go to Asia mostly japan though
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    New Zealand- I've seen the scenery on Xena, but the Lord of the Rings movie really brought out the beauty of the land. A lot of it is uncivilized and not tainted by human hands. I hope the Kiwis realize what a paradise they have and don't destroy it.

England- birthplace of my grandmother. Its a country rich in history and historical places. Would very much to see it.

Iceland- Same as New Zealand, a land that really hasn't been tainted by humankind.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    TheElf said:

And although I live in the US I'd like to actually see it too. Like camping at Yellowstone

@TheElf‌ camping at Yellowstone was one of the greatest experiences of my life. They have trips on horse-drawn carriages (Oregon Trail-style!) where you have a cookout in a valley and then camp out for the night. It is a LOT of fun, especially if you love horses, yummy barbecue and open, natural beauty.

Actually, the geysers were the most disappointing/unremarkable part of the entire trip. There is so much you can see, from plains, to mountains and some REALLY cool waterfalls. If you go you should really try to get around to see the different locations and get a sense of how diverse it is.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    edited September 2014
    Next on my wish list is a trip to Portugal, Spain and North Africa. After that Patagonia.

I am not as well traveled as I would like to be by a long shot. I have more money than time now, and I don't have any money :/

Someday I would love to stargaze in Australia. The best astronomical objects in each class are all in the southern hemisphere and would love to spend time with them. I wish to retire to the southern hemisphere where every object would be brand new.

3 places I've been that I would love to take my wife (she has never left the US):

Lofoten Islands
    Northern Italy into Switzerland
    Costa Rica
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498

Iceland- Same as New Zealand, a land that really hasn't been tainted by humankind.

I absolutely adore Iceland, I went a few years ago after binging on the sagas. The history and anecdotal nature of much of that, is so well linked with place names and things that it really does not feel that long ago.

It was place that felt like the encroachments of life onto the land had been merely sneezed on, and could just as easily, be sneezed off.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Antarctica was a strong candidate this year, but it looks like we will go with French Polynesia instead (Tahiti, Bora Bora and a couple of other islands).

High on the list for the future is Japan, for so many reasons! That trip must be timed for one of the 4 major Sumo tournaments of the year though.

After that I want I proper tour of China - I had a 72 hour visit to Shanghai last year, which only emphasized how much of the country we missed!

Also need to visit again the big national parks in USA. Yellowstone, Yosemite and the canyons, and probably the Olympic Peninsula again too. If they make significant progress on Crazy Horse within my lifetime, that might be worth a second trip.

There are so many amazing places to see, and cultures to experience, I know I am going to see only a small fraction in my lifetime. I am resigned to missing out on Machu Pichu, Everest, Papua New Guinea, and the Pyramids. I am still hopeful that I will manage New Zealand and Africa (small place!) although I don't know when.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

and probably the Olympic Peninsula again too.

The Olympic Peninsula is GREAT! (I should know... Teehee.)

Hurricane Ridge, Cape Disappointment, the Hoh Rainforest, the Olympic Rainforest of course... There are so many cool spots. Even the towns! Port Townsend, Port Angeles, Sequim, and Forks for all the Twilight fans (Don't go to Forks; it's horridly boring). And don't forget to pick up some smoked salmon on the Indian reservations. Mmmmm... Saaaalmooon...

/endproudWashingtonianrant
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Travel is tedius and unpleasant, as well as expensive and unrewarding (for me at least). Having celiac, that makes travelling harder as well.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I've heard @jackjack‌ is near the start of a big journey. Where to, jack? We wish to hear a bardic tale! ;)
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Everywhere