Skip to content

Two Weapon Combos

Assuming boots of haste/ring of gaxx (in short, I love my improved haste or being hasted in general) and a Dual Berserker Mage I'm RPing as chaotic good but will fail the test in Hell because Darth Vader and I are toties besties. I've got 5 points in longswords, 3 points in warhammers, and a point in slings(weapon proficiency when I dualed into a mage). Originally I was thinking Daystar in my primary and Crom Fayr in my off-hand, and it's still a good combo I think. But now I'm leaning towards Daystar and Blackrazor since I'm gonna be evil anyways. My question is which is a more potent combo? Never used Blackrazor before. Can you hit 25 str from the effect, or is crom fayr/daystar still the way to go?

P.S. FoA used to be awesome, but it took an arrow to the knee with the free action/haste incompatibility.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,739
    It's recommended that you put pips into the dualwielding (the two weapon fighting style) if you want to use two weapons efficiently.

With the proficiencies you've chosen gor your weapons, I would take Angurvadal and Runehammer. You'll get good STR and the damage will be more (plus fire damage goes through protections).

But from sctratch, for the dualwielding I would always choose a speed weapon in the off-hand. The more APR you have, the better.

Axe of the Unyielding + a speed weapon (Kundane or Belm) is a very deadly combo.
  • GrayleGrayle Member Posts: 43
    edited September 2014
    oh oops,
    bengoshi said:

It's recommended that you put pips into the dualwielding (the two weapon fighting style) if you want to use two weapons efficiently.

Oh oops, yes I forgot to mention I have 3 pips in two weapon fighting. ;) Isn't Angurvadal setting your strength at 22? I'd have a natural 22 by that time because of the tomes, +2 strength from hell, and another point from Watcher's Keep.

• CruelMetatronCruelMetatron Member Posts: 8
    Grayle said:

P.S. FoA used to be awesome, but it took an arrow to the knee with the free action/haste incompatibility.

If you unequip the weapon, use (improved) haste and equip it again you are still hasted. A little annoying, but it still works. 1d6 + 16 seems pretty good, a shame it's full power only comes into play pretty close before the credits roll.

• ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Out of the weapons you mentioned, Blackrazor and Crom is probably the most damaging combo. If you get 5* in warhammers then switch Crom to the main hand. Other weapons which grant NPP can be swapped in when needed.
    Grayle said:

Assuming boots of haste

Boots of *Speed*, not haste, they don't grant haste.

• GrayleGrayle Member Posts: 43

If you unequip the weapon, use (improved) haste and equip it again you are still hasted. A little annoying, but it still works. 1d6 + 16 seems pretty good, a shame it's full power only comes into play pretty close before the credits roll.

Oh that's interesting. With a natural strength of 22, using FoA over the Crom Fayr might be more attractive. Unfortunately I won't be able to take advantage of it on this playthrough. Maybe on my Ranger/Cleric, since I plan to use both. ;)
    ryuken87 said:

Out of the weapons you mentioned, Blackrazor and Crom is probably the most damaging combo. If you get 5* in warhammers then switch Crom to the main hand. Other weapons which grant NPP can be swapped in when needed.

Your right. swapping Runehammer+5 for enemies that Blackrazor's +3 can't touch seems like a good idea. Another idea I've been tossing in my head is Crom Fayr/Runehammer + The Answerer for the tough fights since the answerer benefits the entire party and not just my hits.
    Grayle said:

Assuming boots of haste

Boots of *Speed*, not haste, they don't grant haste.

Yup, my bad. the icon for boots of speed and the haste spell are the same on the portrait section so I interchange the two. Boots of Speed it is then. :)