In my current walkthrough (iPad version of the game, totally evil party - Korgan, Viconia, Edwin, Hexxat and PC ne sorcerer, low reputation (6 disliked)) the skin-dancer quest in Trademeet won't start.
I did quests in the following order:
1) Murders in the Bridge district quest is completed (Rejiek escaped, uncompleted Human Flesh armour in Hexxat's bag of holding, mage and assasins in the tanner's cellar killed, sergeant's body taken to the Government district);
2) I spoke to High Merchant in Trademeet and took "Animal attacks in Trademeet" quest;
3) I spoke to Guildmistress Busya, who mentioned genies and their ban on trade, but didn't give the quest (probably because of low reputation);
4) I spoke to a hafling lord (don't remember his name) and took quest to poison druid grove;
5) I spoke to several merchants and then to genies and took their quest to kill rakshasa;
6) I killed rakshasa, returned to genies and gave in the quest, so genies teleported;
7) I came to Guildmistress Busya and got reward for removal of the genies;
8) I returned to the druid grove, poisoned it, gave in the quest to the hafling lord, spoke to the High Merchant (my reputation dropped from 7 to 6).
Usually Jenya (or whatever her name) approaches PC after 2 main Trademeet quests are completed and skin-dancer quest begins. But she is nowhere to be found.
I think it can be because of low reputation, or poisoning of druid grove, but in this case an evil party (usually with low reputation and preferring evil ways of completing quests) will never get Human Flesh Armour, because PC will never be able to guess Fael's previous name (in Umar Hills)