Skip to content

[Known 9772] Contingency / [Known 9771] trigger GuI with too many different spells

GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Reposting this as suggested by @Gate70. See original post here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/532052/#Comment_532052

Existing behavior 1: When using the select spell for contingency/spell trigger GuI the scrolling arrows on both sides at any given spell level do not work properly if the caster has too many different types of spells memorized on a particular level. If the caster selects and then unselects a spell to place in a contingency the arrows work erratically, turning on and off.

Existing behavior 2: If there are too many spells at a given level then the spell icons erratically appear and disappear when toggled. To test this have a lot of different spells on a particular spell level memorized and cast any contingency/trigger spell.

Expected behaviors 1 and 2: Arrows appear and work consistently when there are too many types of spells. Spell icons from the menu do not appear and disappear when there are too many types of spells.

Suggested method to reproduce this: You will need someone with a lot of memorizable spell slots (like Edwin) and try memorizing let's say 14 different spells at any given level. Then try any contingency/trigger spell.
Post edited by Gate70 on
CrevsDaak

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Question on this one @Galactygon‌

I can't easily get Edwin to have that many spells per level. Were you using BG:EE with the ring doubling level 1 spells? Or using some other items I haven't considered.

Save attached with a sample - think it shows some of the issue, e.g. for level 2 spells.
    Thanks
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    @Gate70

Opened your savegame, and was able to reproduce this with Edwin. When I cast Spell Trigger from the quick spells and went into level 2 spells, the all icons disappeared, the spells were unselectable, and the scrolling arrows were not working.

You can also open my savegame (attached here) and have Player1 ("Alberon") cast Spell Sequencer and look for level 4 cleric spells and you will experience this same issue.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I could never got this issue with Edwin, but it happened to me with my M/T PC who had Dak'kon's Zerth Blade, The Upgraded Bard's Gloves (sorry, can't remember their name), the Ring of Acuity, the Ring of Wizardry, the Upgraded Circlet of Netheril and the Metaspell Influence amulet, besides the extra level 6, 7 and 8 Spellslots from HLAs and an insane amount of Spellslots from having 6,5 Millions XP.

It happened to me in the original game + SCS and TobEx's "Spell Immunity on Contingencies/Sequencers", but I'm pretty sure it would happen in the EE too.

Also, this is the most important thing, make sure the Spells aren't all the same and are all different (so they take yp more slots in the Contingency/Sequencer screen :)