This is related to this topic here, but posting it as a new thread b/c the solution would be tweaking the engine:http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34911/known-9776-spell-immunity-type-spells-not-cast-during-pause#latest
Existing behavior: Scrolls that cast spells that open up a menu of subspells are not cast during pause. The player inconveniently has to wait and keep the character selected. The 2 scrolls affected are: Spell Immunity (SCRL6S.itm) and Enchanted Weapon (SCRL6M.itm). I have tried changing the targettype of the .itm extended headers to 7 (self ignore pause), but not only does it not work, but also results in the character doing nothing without expending the item charge. It seems targettype 7 is hardcoded to only be used in spells.
Desired behavior: Both scrolls should be cast immediately under pause (as would the spells themselves as covered in the other thread)
How to reproduce this: Attempt either SCRL6S or SCRL6M when paused. In order to test to confirm targettype 7 for .itm extended headers do not work do the following:
(1) download and unzip the two scrolls SCRL6M.itm and SCRL6S.itm into the override folder (all I did was set the targettype to 7 of the first extended header for both items).
(2) attempt to use either item
(3) you should see your character simply stand there without any charges expended
(1) fix the hardcoded engine issue so that a targettype of 7 works for .itm extended headers
(2) change the first extended header of the two items SCRL6S and SCRL6M to a targettype of 7