Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[BG:EE KIT MOD] HEXBLADE

2»

Comments

• LuthfordLuthford Member Posts: 1,267
    the innate identify spell don't work.. i erase and replace it with the identify scroll. Now works properly.. this mod looks like a mix between swashy and the blade, but single weapon style is useless (IMHO), dual wielding would be awesome!!

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,466
    edited October 2014
    Roar said:

There is one bladesinger kit on the forums now, any luck if you use the existing kit as a template?

If you're interested in a version of a bladesinger that's truer to the PnP original, keep an eye on the General Modding forum, there may be some news in the next few days/weeks. ;)
    Roar said:

Though I'm going to use this kit with scales of balance to give 1.5 attacks with 2 pips in weapon specialization too, can't stand one attack per round.

Btw if you only want that one piece from Scales of Balance, I've broken it out into its own mod.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/35846/mod-release-apr-on-spec#latest
    It's literally just that one component copied out from Scales of Balance. Should work for IWD:EE as well.
    DarkDogg said:

What I want is to use the priests spellbook as a custom template for new wizard spells, so you don't need to scribe them from scrolls, but learn with levels, like the Sorc do. And its quite impossible do to it for me.

I don't think you can give it the sorcerer's spell selection screen - that stuff is very hard-coded. But you can easily give it certain spells at certain levels, so it will seem to match the way priests get spells, by simply adding entries to the kit's CLAB file:
    ****     GA_SPWI101 ****    
    You can do this as much as you need to, and add as many rows to the CLAB file as you need.

Download Scales of Balance and open "/SoB/bard/D5_CHORI.2da" in a text editor to see an example of how to do it with a bard kit.
    Luthford said:

but single weapon style is useless (IMHO), dual wielding would be awesome!!

How can you cast spells if you're holding things in both hands?? I mean look at the picture at the top of this thread. IMO dual-wielding is for pure warriors, SWS is best for casters.

DarkDogg said:

If I figure out how to edit the spell progression table I'll definately make him a warrior class with a custom spell table + I'll edit my Palemaster too (less spells per day)

Btw, while there is no perfect way to do that, I've figured out a *decent* way. Discussion here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/35915/modifying-spells-per-day#latest

• LuthfordLuthford Member Posts: 1,267
    edited October 2014

How can you cast spells if you're holding things in both hands?? I mean look at the picture at the top of this thread. IMO dual-wielding is for pure warriors, SWS is best for casters.

well.. how can blade, fighter/mage, fighter/cleric, fighter/druid cast spell while holding a second weapon or a shield in the off hand?!
    Sws will be good for this kit, but, beside that picture, the hexblade could work great also with the two weapons style! IMHO

Luthford said:

well.. how can blade, fighter/mage, fighter/cleric, fighter/druid cast spell while holding a second weapon or a shield in the off hand?!

I mean, if I'm DM, they can't. Maybe clerics/druids could, if they sheathe their weapons and suffer a loss of initiative if they want to draw their weapon and enter battle.... but definitely not arcane casters. Ideally, putting anything in the shield slot should disable arcane spells. But unfortunately that is not possible in the game.

DW is already so stupidly OP, at least the reasonable thing to do is to steer caster classes like this one toward other styles...

• DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    edited October 2014
    BTW there is a realativ decent option to do this as a fighter calls with innate, the Duskblade mod did it:
    (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29633/mod-duskblade-kit-v1-1-for-bg1-ee-and-bg2-ee/p1)
    Make one innate for level 1,2... spells and when you select it, it gives you the option to select all level X Hexblade spells.

But I'm a big fan of the Hexblade-Bard (Curse as song is great). Onyl drawback from my point of view are the usabilaty flags (Bard items are useable...)

Would it be possible to make a Sorcerer-Hexblade?
    - Gains spells up to level 5
    - Can use all Blade weapons and specialize in them
    - Can wear medium armor and cast in it
    - Thaco Bonus (Priest Progress?)
    - HD D8
    - Single weapon + 2 handed weapons style as options (no DW)

That would be my dream, but I think engine limitations do not allow it.

kensai
    Well it's pretty easy to make more items *unusable,* it's just hard to make more items usable. In the kit install .tp2 instructions, you could assign it the usability flag for Barbarian... then the kit could only use the cross-section of items which are usable by both barbarians and bards. Meaning no Melodic Chain etc.

Using a sorcerer kit would be way more trouble than it's worth. I think you can, however, use d8 hit dice for a bard, quite easily in EE.

• toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 178
    edited March 2015
    Uhmmm, why cant I install it?

EDIT: Nevermind, bad copy/paste on my part :p