Skip to content

Strange phrases in Dorn's quest

Hello.
I have noticed strange phrases in Dorn's dialogues relating to his second quest.
The screen is attached below - I mean the second and the fifth line from the bottom.
As far as I know, Alorgoth comes from Rasaad's quest, but reference to clanhold under attack and gathering things is unclear. But Rasaad has never been in my party.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Breto, do you have any mods installed?
  • BretoBreto Member Posts: 20
    No. I have clean BG2:EE iPad version.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Breto: ANy possibility of uploading a saved game? I know you're on iPad, but I don't have a playthrough of this thing with Dorn in party, so repro'ing this is going to be a PITA for me without some basis for it.

Even if you have something slightly before or even a quest or so before that'd be great...
  • BretoBreto Member Posts: 20
    @Illydth: I do have a save before this moment. After that save I did only the guarded compound and went for Dorn's quest.
    Could you explain how I can upload a save from iPad?

Absolutely.

Get a hold of a program called iFunBox (you can google it) it's open source/free. Should be pretty easy to setup (download, install). If your iPad has been connected to iTunes at some point, the app should recognize it.

Open iFunBox, plug in your iPad (you should use a wired connection, wireless sync on iDevices is a bit flakey I've found), and you should see it open in the app.

Now, the version of iFunBox I have is different from teh one you'll get (the new one's interface is horrific). You're looking to be able to get to the files on your iPad. I'm not sure how exactly to do that, but if you keep clicking around you'll find it (or do a help search on it...if you can't find it, I"ll pull out the most recent version and step you through it).

Go into the Baldur's Gate II directory and navigate down, you'll see a saves directory. CLick/Drag from the app onto your desktop or another folder and it will copy down the saved game.

ZIp it and post it.

That's pretty much the basics. If you need more in depth instructions (i.e. step by step), let me know by tagging me again and I'll walk you through it.

If you do get a saved game loaded up here, tag me again anyway. :)
    @Breto: I should have tagged you for my message. Sorry. :)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Breto, it looks like you cast a spell and that's why those messages were displayed (incorrectly). Can you detail the spell or spells you cast?