Skip to content

Skipping Candlekeep (the first time)

2»

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @diggerb - so it's like Beer. You can't take it with you, but you can borrow it for a bit?
    Moomintroll
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    I confess. I am a cheat *hangs head in shame* I use the CLUAConsole to jump all round Candlekeep, and do it all as fast as possible. It isn't so much the money I want, it's the ability to buy gear. Without decentish gear there is no way my PC and Immy can get inside the FAI without being nuked, and if I'm playing good, I refuse to join up with Monty and Xzar
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    I'm surprised that no one in this thread has mentioned taking the time to talk to Firebead 30 times, to get the 300 GP Easter Egg.

(PS - 30 times includes him setting the scroll task, and later you returning the scroll. Wait at least 30 sec after your 30th End Dialogue click. If you don't get the "be nice to old wizards" money, you miscounted.)

(PPS - He'll do the same thing in Beregost. He's just a generous, lonely old guy...with a cute elf chick sprawled in his bed.)
    [Deleted User]MoomintrollJuliusBorisov
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894

I'm surprised that no one in this thread has mentioned taking the time to talk to Firebead 30 times, to get the 300 GP Easter Egg.

(PS - 30 times includes him setting the scroll task, and later you returning the scroll. Wait at least 30 sec after your 30th End Dialogue click. If you don't get the "be nice to old wizards" money, you miscounted.)

(PPS - He'll do the same thing in Beregost. He's just a generous, lonely old guy...with a cute elf chick sprawled in his bed.)

Weird, I thought they did away with this.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Klorox said:

I can not get the 300 gp.

What am I doing wrong?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Since they "Fixed" the robbing of the party in he basement the gate warden, I skip this quest every single time.

I do every other quest 90% of the time.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited October 2014
    I haven't entered the party combat tutorial in at least 40 playthroughs.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    If you're going to do a run, do it properly.
    JuliusBorisovelement
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    Even though I've done it over a hundred times, I love Candlekeep. I like the feeling of a farewell lap f my childhood home before heading off to the dangerous world. And love the innocense of it, I know what lies ahead, but at this point I'm still a nobody.
    JuliusBorisovTuth
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Klorox said:

Klorox said:

I can not get the 300 gp.

What am I doing wrong?
    CAREFULLY count every single time you have a dialogue with Firebead, INCLUDING his initial request that you get the scroll, and his thank-you for retrieving the scroll. There must be exactly 30 conversations, no more, no less. Then wait ~30+ seconds WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING!

Since I learned of the bonus, I have never failed to get it following the above rules, in about 20 attempts.

JuliusBorisovKlorox