Skip to content

[Known 8930] The bridge to Baldur's Gate wont open

calgore101calgore101 Member Posts: 11
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
I just finished flooding the Cloakwood Mine, handed in the quest to Officer Vai, and the quest description in my log for Important Events says "...It sees that it is time to visit the nearby city of Baldur's Gate."
At the same time the "Flooding the Cloakwood Mine" quest is still in my log, and doesn't have any descriptive text maybe it didn't resolve properly?

Sorry if this is in the wrong tread I wasn't sure.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,880
    Is your journal still on chapter 4 @calgore101‌

& a few questions around killing Davaeorn. Were you still on the final level or had one of you chased the other up a level. Did you get a "You have dealt a" screen after killing him. Did you leave the area within 5-10 seconds of killing him.

If you want to zip & attach a save that would also help - will try and sort the issue out for you too.
    Thanks
  • calgore101calgore101 Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2014
    Sorry about the delay! Yes I'm still on chapter 4 which I thought was weird.

I killed him mostly normally, as far as I can recall. kept him on the final level and stayed around for a bit to loot, so I think it was longer than 10 seconds. I did however talk to his apprentice before the fight wondering what he might say if Davaeorn was still alive.

here's the save file lemme know if you have any issues with it! Thanks in advance!
    edited September 2014
    @calgore101‌ try this. I used the console to move back to the mine and the cutscene played immediately, so I consoled back to the FAI map where you were and saved. Have quickly checked the Wyrms Crossing is open so you should be able to continue.

Enjoy the rest of your game.

(edit, & tagged the issue id as I thought this might have already been raised)
    I'm not home right now but I'll give it a shot once I'm back! Thanks for the help, sounds like you fixed the issue
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637

I'm not home right now but I'll give it a shot once I'm back! Thanks for the help, sounds like you fixed the issue

He fixed your save game, the issue is likely still being investigated/debugged.

I'm not home right now but I'll give it a shot once I'm back! Thanks for the help, sounds like you fixed MY issue

Better? My issue was that I couldn't continue my game any further. I understand there's still the possibility of it happening to others, but I really don't think there's a need to nitpick.
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    edited October 2014
    The same problem, i play with ScS Mod.
    (Video played )
    You moved in the mine ore to the outer Area?
    -> i moved area 1800 was going in -> flooding is done, Sklave says so in the mine at the lift
    moved back area 0900 still closed.

I had trouble bevore with the Bandit camp -> cloakwood didn`t appear.
    Got all letters from the camp.
    ** maybe a ScS Bug in this case becouse i couldn`t re enter the tent -> letter was in the case and after killing the bandits out door i took them ?**

I can go on but something seems wrong,...
    I`am only Chapter 3.
    Hard to say with 2 issues and a mod @HerrderGezeiten‌ but you could try these console commands.
    Press the X key to find your current area code AR####
    C:SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",4) to advance the chapter to that which Davaeorn expects
    C:MoveToArea("AR1803") to jump to the mine and see if Davaeorns cutscene runs
    C:MoveToArea("AR####") to return to your current location
    C:SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",5) to advance the chapter if it isn't reset by the steps above.

If you're still stuck zip attach a save & I'll see what I can do so long as SCS doesn't complicate matters. I've verified your id so you can attach files.
    Thanks
    I moved to the Bandit camp with the C:Area XY got the Chapter 3-> 4 Sequenc and after this to the mine levl3 1803 and it worked.
    ---
    All ok exept my familar but this is a other case,..
    (Mephist transformed to Slim and no Option to transform it back / to put it in my pocket)
    Make a save, try resting and see if it can cast the polymorph again and then return to normal form. Failing that, mousing over it and using CTRL/R might reset it.
    edited October 2014
    Actualy i played with this for ~50-60 ingame days and with the help of CTRL/J (for Moving in some places)
    it was almost a bit fun.
    I will try the CTRL/R in a sec,.. (will be Edit in )

EDIT: yes it worked as intended (old Mephist back)

But i would make a future Request about a Pet Option that don`t let you put it in your Pocket. :-D
    Quit some fun to worry about the little follower.
  • ZelmorZelmor Member Posts: 6
    As of 2016, this issue still remains. Infuriatingly, I cannot go back to the mines. Does anyone know how to enable the console in the linux version of the game? Also, I am having a hard time finding the save-game files too.
    For one, I have found the savegames in /home/.local/share

I will upload them here in hopes of having it fixed by support as it was earlier in this thread.

forgot the files
    Try this @Zelmor I did quickly jump areas after the save to make sure as I couldn't see that you'd travelled beyond the Friendly Arm Inn.
    Thanks, but I also managed to fix this by teleporting to AR1400 via console. Triggering the chapter switch by teleporting back to the mines, and using the elevator did not help.

Also, I missed the elevator completely, and backtracked all the way. Heh. This should be fixed and the trigger should not be the elevator but the mage's death.