Comments

• KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Neither. Wear Jan's armor.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Klorox said:

Won't work in BG2EE even with UAI.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Does Vecna's make scrolls cast any faster?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited September 2014
    I would take Vecna's.

Since you ask what is better: 10% MR or 5% MR and +1 to ST, I think the former is better: you don't need any saving throw at all if the spell is blocked by your MR. Moreover, there're many damage spells in the game and while a successful ST would let you get less damage, your MR would let you get no damage at all.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    DreadKhan said:

Does Vecna's make scrolls cast any faster?

No.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You really don't need saving throw bonuses right now, your death and spell saves give you automatic save against most anything that allows a save. But magic resistance is always good to have. With Vecna you will have better magic resistance:%10 magic resistance is a huge upgrade over a mere %5, your chance of completely ignoring a spell just doubles with Vecna.

With +1 to saves you will have %5 better chance of a succesful save vs breath weapon (which is required very rarely, when a dragon breathes on you should already be immune to the element via protection scrolls/items/spells)
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    You have UAI and are soloing, so just wear the White Dragon Scale armour and use the Gauntlets for +1/2 attacks. Vastly better AC and weapon use.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Human Flesh!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    ryuken87 said:

Human Flesh!

• ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    Yes human flesh +5 with that 20% magic resist, that totally stomp robe of vecna imo :)
    elminster said:

Klorox said:

Won't work in BG2EE even with UAI.
    Why not? What's the point of an ability called "Use ANY Item" if there are items you can not use?
    @Klorox‌

This is an intentional behavior, check http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/409893/#Comment_409893

The community's views on this subject are not united, though. While some people think the Use Any Item ability should do exactly what it says, including the character-specific items, other people think differently.

"Why not?" in this case becomes rather a rhetorical question, really. You can use a mod: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26240/use-any-npc-item-add-on-for-use-any-item-hla
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Archmagi. The difference between 5 and 10 percent seems irrelevant in my mind because they're both so small. (Is that true?)
    Mods aren't really an option for me. I dislike the rule, and I think it weakens one of the Thief's saving graces.

The way I play, I'm totally cool with Imoen being the only thief in BG 1 and 2 (and I'll dual her at level 4 or 5 in bg 1). When you weaken the best Thief HLA, it makes the decision even easier.