Skip to content

[Known] 2 bugs with dead people make Jester nearly unusable

SirBaldurSirBaldur Member Posts: 80
edited October 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Gate70 said:

[Black Pits] Jester song should not see dead party members regarded as hostile

1. Load the attached Black Pits Multiplayer save.
2. Check AI is on (lantern icon 2nd from bottom on right sidebar).
3. Check Abdel has standard attack script (2 > R > Customise > Script. Esc x4 to return to game).
4. Speak to Baeloth to start the next combat (1).
5. Pause the game, start singing bard song (1 > F4) and kill Adelia (CTRL/Y).
6. Unpause the game.

*Observed*
Abdel moves towards Adelia as if to attack her.

*Expected*
Abdel should attack the nearest enemy.

Gate70 said:

[Black Pits] Jester song should not revive dead party members

1. Load the attached Black Pits Multiplayer save.
2. Check AI is off (lantern icon 2nd from bottom on right sidebar).
3. Check Abdel has standard attack script (2 > R > Customise > Script. Esc x4 to return to game).
4. Speak to Baeloth to start the next combat (1).
5. Pause the game, start singing bard song (1 > F4) and kill Adelia (CTRL/Y).
6. Unpause the game.

*Observed*
Adelia becomes confused, then 2-3 seconds later she gets up and attacks the party.

*Expected*
Adelia should remain dead until the battle concludes.

Not sure if these are related, but kind of seems like it - something not right in the dead party members handling.

1. Dead party members become enemies when using party AI scripts. This is particularly noticeable when you have summoned creatures - they will frequently begin attacking any dead party member, and will continue to do so even if you send them away to attack a real enemy. The dead party member color circle doesn't change to red or anything. Sometimes i have heard dead party members cry out when hit again.

2. The Jester's song of confusion raises dead party members back to life in a confused state, and they often attack your own party!

These might be black pits specific - that is where i encountered them - so someone might chime in or i might try to test in regular bgee. I also never used a jester before, so maybe this was a bug in original bg.

Also I will mention i am using android on 4.4.2; i don't have any other bgee version to test on.
Post edited by Gate70 on
Gate70

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I tried testing the song in BGEE regular (on mac) and I couldn't find this to be the case. It could be an android specific issue though.
  • SirBaldurSirBaldur Member Posts: 80
    edited October 2014
    thanks for checking. Did you test in black pits, or the standard game? (It seems to test this in standard game, i'll have to start a new game with a jester and get her all the way through to Imoen?)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I think this has to do with the way people don't actually doe in the black pits, they just fall over. I think I've seen this, but not sure.
    Gate70elminster
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    I can reproduce, will add them to the list of known issues.
    Thanks
    SirBaldurelminster
  • SirBaldurSirBaldur Member Posts: 80
    Thanks for verifying - and also fixing my bug report. I actually just today read the "correct way to report bugs" post and was thinking about whether i should come back and edit my post, and found that you had fixed it up!