Skip to content

Tiax and Quayle argument doesn't escalate into a fight.

JaceJace Member Posts: 193
Tiax and Quayle can bicker at each other so much that their argument ends with Quayle saying: "Violence is a trademark of LOW INTELLIGENCE". Then, they are both removed from the party.

OBSERVED:
Instead of fighting, both Tiax and Quayle promptly run to the party leader and complain about you kicking them out.

EXPECTED:
They should presumably fight to the death at this point.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I tried this (steps below).

1. Start a new game with Abdel.
    2. C:CreateCreature("Tiax")
    3. C:CreateCreature("Quayle")
    4. Speak to Tiax (1) and Quayle (1,1) to get them into the party.
    5. Advance interactions (CTRL/I) until Quayle starts with "Ruler of the world".

They fought to the death (Tiax won twice), so it looks like a bit more information is required @Jace‌
    - Platform (e.g. Windows).
    - Game version (e.g. 1.3.2053).
    - What area you were in when the dialogue started.
    - Whether party AI was on and if either of them had scripts set.
    - Any other useful information, e.g. language setting, other party members, were either of them silenced or deafened etc.
    - A save game before they fight.

Thanks
  • JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    edited October 2014
    Seems to be related to AI. After testing the interactions multiple times with Ctrl+I...

- With Party AI Off, 6 out of 6 escalations failed, and both rushed to complain at me.
    - With Party AI On, 3 out of 6 escalations almost succeeded, for Quayle successfully cast Command at Tiax, but then ignored him and rushed to complain at me. They didn't resume fighting when Tiax awoke from the Command spell. However, when I removed the Command spell from their spellbooks, the other 3 escalations worked perfectly as they fought to the death.

Their scripts were at default.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Thanks @Jace‌ I'll look into this in the next day or so. If you could attach a save that would help because otherwise I'll have to make assumptions about levels, weapons, spells, etc.