Skip to content

No product support

I successfully played BG1 HD to its conclusion, and was all excited about playing BG2 HD (Steam) and I ran into a technical issue (see my post at: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32452/stuck-after-first-conversation-in-irenicus-dungeon-solved) . I submitted a technical ticket to beamdog on August 24th, 2014, and it is now Oct 4th and there has been NO response from beamdog. I did update the ticket once on Sept 3rd, yet NOTHING from Beamdog. Has anyone else had an issue getting support from beamdog?

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    You commented on a thread that had been labelled "solved" (because it had been solved for the original poster), and thus your comment was likely missed by technical staff/volunteers, who normally respond very promptly.

Seeing as @Gate70‌ dealt with the original issue, I've tagged him for his attention.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @Nethog‌
    If your preferred driver is being over-ruled and you've tried disabling Windows update it is likely that other software on your computer is doing this. Two types I can think of are utility suites some manufacturers put on to their systems, and security suites which are extensions of antivirus software.

If you can install the driver you want while disconnected from the internet you might be able to a) confirm it helps and b) track down what is then updating it to the later version.
  • NethogNethog Member Posts: 6
    Ok thanks gate70 I will try your suggestions. By the way Heindrich mu issue with beamdog is with their support system since I did open a ticket in their system. They basically ignored me since august 24th which is unacceptable - I will never purchase another product from them again.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We're still sorting out some issues with our support system, which you're absolutely right, the current state of affairs is not ideal (to say the least).