Skip to content

[Dupe 7190] **SPOILER**Having some trouble with Hexxat's quest bugs.

andysksandysks Member Posts: 9
edited October 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Hi all. First post here so... hi :).

We were playing the game and had lots of fun I have to say, and really loved Hexxat as an addition. But right on the subject.
We followed her quest up until we aquired the claw, and after that we figured that we should wait for Cambrina so we did the Planar Sphere in between. When we got out, Cambrina came and completed the quest. All fine, except that the journal entry didn't get updated or deleted so Hexxat still thinks that we should go back to Amn and meet Cambrina. This leads to the problem that Hexxat wants to leave after a while because we don't follow her interests.
Now, this leaving conversation happened a while after that... so no possible save exists to go back in the sphere.
Any way to fix this? Will deleting the journal entry somehow, or spawning Cambrina again(how?) or anything like that fix it?

Bug number two.
Hexxat died, and didn't resurrect on her own after rest. Tried many times, until deciding to raise her with a spell. She got raised as a gaseous form and I heard that the solution is to kick her from the party. Problem is, that because of the previous bug I can't. For if I actually kick her she won't join again.

So... is there any solution to these? Please, if you offer console ideas post the code as well for I have no idea where to find the NPC names etc for spawns. Thanks a lot for any help I might get.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @andysks‌
    Orphan journal entries shouldn't cause an issue.

If you can zip and attach a save folder (0000####-savename) someone will have a look and see what can be done. I've verified your account so you should now have the "attach a file" option enabled when leaving a comment.

There are a few tickets open around Hexxat because it isn't always clear in the current release of the game what the next actions are for her and the timescales / locations. For that reason it's easier to help if we have a save to look at and work out what is the best course of action.
    Cheers
  • andysksandysks Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the reply. Here's the last save after the last play session. It's one I saved on a totally new save spot just for such cases. It has to have everything I've done so far in there.
    Are you sure that's the right save, she looks OK there.
    Oh, sorry. I forgot that I loaded a game before she died and then saved again. She is in gaseous form in the auto save though. Here's the one right after her resurrect :).
    OK, reason she clears off is because your reputation is 20. I've dropped it down to 18 and booted/rejoined so hopefully you can re-equip her and continue.

I haven't looked at her quest status yet.
    Why would big reputation cause her to leave?
    And this together with kicking her and rejoin to solve the gaseous form will solve the situation? Thanks so much for looking into it.
    I always thought that it was a journal thing, because as a modder of NWN2, there the journal entries count as variables. But with some further digging here I saw that the journal is just for reading in BG2? Is that correct?
    The original game saw evil characters depart at reputation 19/20, good characters would also break at low reputation. Hexxat sticks around at these levels, but if booted reverts to type.

From looking at your game a bit more last night I think you've done the SoA part for her.

Dragomirs tomb (Hexxat)
    Shou-Lung (Claw)
    Al-Qadim (Shroud)

Journal entries are added / updated / removed usually as part of dialogues or scripts. Global variables are added / updated in the same way. If you are interested in modding, there is another forum for that which you might find useful and you may also want to have a look at the likes of EE Keeper, Near Infinity and DLTCEP.
    Yes. it's just that the journal kept saying
    Hexxat can't wait to go back to Amn, or something like that. And even though I did that and talked with Cambrina it's still there.

So this is what I meant when I mentioned the way journal entries work. You say, she left only because of high rep, and not because her journal entry was stuck on the above spoiler right?
    Yes, details can be found in the consolidated tracker http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26099/the-consolidated-reported-issues-thread-please-read-before-posting-spoiler-warning

e.g.
    7217 [HEXXAT] - Upon returning from Shou Lung, "Hexxat is anxious to return to Amn" (85172) journal entry remains open and there is no acknowledgement that you finished a stage.
    Thanks a lot for all the help. I will test it today but I see no reason why it shouldn't work. As for modding, I'm afraid my work in NWN2 takes all my time since it will need some more years to complete. But it's always good to know about it :).
    So after some days where we couldn't play, I tested the edited save in game and the reputation is still 20. What happens is, that the moment we make a kill,
    usually on one of the monks who stop us right after
    , she will stop the fight and want to leave. So we went plan B.
    We persuaded our way out of that fight and went to Athkatla.
    There, killed a beggar and got a -10. She didn't offer to leave after that, but on the next fight she died and the gaseous form happened again for she didn't self resurrect.
    Hmm... a very delicate character with delicate scripts I would say. I wonder why the fix didn't work :/.
    OK, try this one @andysks‌ - just dropped her reputation back. Tested with a monk and a death so see how it goes.
    Thanks
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    An easy way if you want to lower your reputation is: C:Eval("ReputationInc(-1)")
    Handy if you keep getting reputation increases and want to keep an evil NPC in the party.
    Yes. The rep, now that I know that it's the issue with evil NPCs, is no problem. I can always lower it. But what happens if she dies later in the underdark or something and I can't get her back? Will I have to just travel with gaseous form? Is there no permanent fix for this, but to kick her and let her rejoin?
    edited October 2014
    I don't think it happens every time she dies, & with reputation lowered she should say something like "Really?" and you can say "get back in the party" at which point she should revert form. The game was patched to version 1.2 last year, and a fix for this was not part of that patch.
This discussion has been closed.