Skip to content

[Dupe] Bounty hunter special trap casts Otiluke's Sphere and Hold at first level

SirBaldurSirBaldur Member Posts: 80
edited October 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Bounty hunter special trap is holding and creating a sphere around enemies even at first level, with no save.

1. Start a new game as a new bounty hunter.
2. Set a special trap near any neutral npc.
3. Attack (but not kill) the npc so that he turns enemy.

*Observed*
The trap will fire and create a sphere (16th level ability) around the enemy. Dialogue will also show that enemy is Held (11th level ability). Dialogue will not show any save roll.

*Expected*
Special trap should only slow, which is the correct 1st level ability. Also, enemy should get a save roll.

Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• SirBaldurSirBaldur Member Posts: 80
    edited October 2014
    sorry, i see there is a similar bug logged for this - i am always learning about logging bugs properly just after i log the bug...

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/543505/#Comment_543505

But the logged bug seems to be incorrect. It says no sphere from levels 1 - 7, but according to kit description, sphere is not available until level 16. Also, it doesn't mention the hold (but maybe that's part of the sphere?)

I'm not positive about the save attempt issue, but it seems based on my experience that every time the special trap fires, it works. It's hard to verify bec there's no save roll shown (at least on my game) when the char that rolled it fails, so isn't clear whether it's failing properly (just unluckily), not rolling, or improperly always failing.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Added a note :)
    Thanks