Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Protection from Petrification Spell works as a scroll

Exar661Exar661 Member Posts: 6
edited October 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
The protection from petrification mage spell (blue icon), cannot be scribed and works as a scroll of protection from petrification (green icon), single use.

This bug is reported on PC and Android version, iOS status is unknown.

Scroll of protection from petrification action is unknown (yet).
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    really? i was able to scribe it in my spellbook no problem, do you have any mods installed?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    What character class/kit was this for.
  • Exar661Exar661 Member Posts: 6
    No mods installed, I tried to scribe it with Neera, I can't escribe it on my PC version nor the Android one.

I will try to scribe it in Xzar's spellbook.

I think that this spell os not the only one, but I realized because I actually needed.
  • cognoscentuscognoscentus Member Posts: 65
    Has your wizard scribed max spells for that level? Neera (unmodded), for instance can only scribe 14 spells per level based on her 17 intelligence.
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    @Exar661‌
    If you find yourself wondering as to why you are unable to scribe a certain spell, you can always do the following: Open your Baldur.ini file and change the value for 'All Learn Spell Info' to '1' (this is '0' by default). Then you will always have the option to try to scribe a spell, and when you are not allowed to, the game will give you a message telling you why exactly.
  • Exar661Exar661 Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2014
    I was thinking about the max Int, but the thing is that I have no message telling me that I cannot scribe. There is no option for scribe and I also have no message warning me that the spell is already in my spellbook.

There is also the issue that the spell acts also as a single use spell, just like a scroll...

Anyways I will try to erase a spell and scribe this one.

Thank you for your replies.

EDIT: Solved, I erased a spell and now I can scribe it. I didn´t know that if I reach the scribe cap you just cannot scribe it, without a warning, and I also didn´t know that a spell can be used as a scroll...

Sorry about the incovenience...
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Hurricane said:

@Exar661‌
    If you find yourself wondering as to why you are unable to scribe a certain spell, you can always do the following: Open your Baldur.ini file and change the value for 'All Learn Spell Info' to '1' (this is '0' by default). Then you will always have the option to try to scribe a spell, and when you are not allowed to, the game will give you a message telling you why exactly.

Why would such a useful option not be enabled by default? :O
This discussion has been closed.