Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Edwin still sounds like a girl when casting.

BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
edited October 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Title says it all. He's been through his "quest" and turned back into a man by the Thayan, whom we promptly dispatched. His paperdoll is a guy, his normal voice is a guy, but when he casts spells its with a female voice. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have eekeeper.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    @Baptor do you have a save before the transformation back that you could zip & attach.
    Thanks
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    Sadly no. I used to keep a huge list of saves when I played BG but now I try to keep it to one main save and two backups. I didn't even notice it for awhile so I've since saved over them all.

As a side note, does anyone out there know how to just work around it? Is there a variable I can reset or something to give him a male casting voice?
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited October 2014
    I'm not sure and I cannot check as I don't have BGII:EE, but a possible explanation for your problem is that NPCs have two attributes for gender ("GENDER" and "SEX"). Casting sounds on the Enhanced Edition are based on "SEX", unlike the original games where they are based on "GENDER", and maybe Edwin's "SEX" attribute is still erroneously set to "FEMALE".

With EEKeeper you can change the value of "GENDER", but unfortunately you cannot change the value of "SEX", so try this

1) download the latest pre-release version of NearInfinity
    2) make a backup of your last savegame, just in case
    3) open the menu tree corresponding to your last save with NearInfinity (you'll find it under the menu "Save" on the left) and select BALDUR.GAM
    4) on the window on the top right of NI double click on *DWIN9 (9 is just an example, it may be another number in your case)
    5) on the new window select the tab edit, scroll to the bottom and double click on CRE
    6) on the new window select the tab edit and scroll the Attribute list on the left until you find "SEX"
    7) if the value is "FEMALE" change it to "MALE" and click "Update value"
    8) close all the windows of NI, selecting "Save Changes" when you are asked if you want to save them

If both "GENDER" and "SEX" are already set to "MALE", it means that I'm wrong and your problem lies elsewhere.
    BaptorJuliusBorisov
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    Thanks to all for the help. Oddly when I logged in to check this out, the problem had corrected itself. He now casts with a male voice and I did nothing. I suppose something corrected itself when i saved/loaded the game. Who knows.
This discussion has been closed.