Skip to content

Scrolls not highlighted when unknown

Hi guys and gals,

First post, so please let me know if I have made any schoolboy errors with this. I have done as much reading as i can stomach and I just cannot seem to find the answer (might just be blind). In BG1:EE Beamdog added a tasty new feature in highlighting the scrolls you can write. Has this been removed from BG2:EE or is my game not working as intended?

Any help or clarity would be appreciated!

Comments

• HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    Welcome, Snayff! Your game is working as intended. The feature was added to BG1:EE only less than two months ago with the most recent patch. BG2:EE, however, was last updated almost a year ago, so this feature simply hasn't made it to BG2:EE yet.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The feature was actually ported from BGII:EE. What version number is displayed on the Options screen in-game?
  • SnayffSnayff Member Posts: 12
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Sorry to play the fool, but the version number is covered by the SoA logo. Best guess is 2.9030. I had a look at the steam files but to no avail. Is there anywhere else I can look?

And thanks for the welcome, Hurricane.
    Added image.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    That looks like version 1.2.2030, which is current. In the install directory there is a build-date.txt file, current version is Thu Nov 21 14:54:23 MST 2013, I assume the Steam version will be the same.

(I think the port might have been to BG:EE 1.3 and will arrive as part of BGII:EE 1.3?)
    Thanks for replying, Gate70. I found the file before but (wrongly) assumed that given the age of the date quoted it was inaccurate. It does indeed say "Thu Nov 21 14:54:23 MST 2013".

If this is a situation where everything is as it should be I will mosey on, once I learn how to mosey of course. If I only need to wait for patch 1.3 is there a release date for that patch?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I'd say mosey on unless you get stuck, in which case come back & ask for assistance.
    Thanks