Skip to content

Modding the Native Linux Beta Help?

I was just wondering if anyone has had success with this yet. I'm Stumped.

The Linux version of weidu seemed to work at first, but the game Segfauted, no matter what the mod was. (And yes, I do realize that the Linux version of Weidu was designed to work with WINE/GemRB installs, but I figured that wouldn't make a difference.

Running mod free for now.

Mods I installed:
BG1RE
BGQE
BG2Tweaks
SCS

I even tried just using SCS, didn't work. The AI is so much better with that mod, that I believe it a must have. It doesn't really make the game much harder; just smart.

I'd appreciate some help.

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited October 2014
    The big problem is that "tolower" will break BGEE on Linux. Tolower works on Windows versions of BG1/BG2/BGEE installed on Linux under Wine because Windows (and therefore Wine) is case-insensitive. So, changing the case of the game files was harmless. BGEE on Linux is case sensitive, so running tolower breaks it. But WeiDU relies on tolower to install mods on Linux.

@CarrKnight‌ managed to get BG1NPC installed on the Linux version. Check out the thread at pocket plane.

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,29259.0.html
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
  • KhelbenArunsunKhelbenArunsun Member Posts: 2
    Gulp, here goes nothing, I backed up the entire directory this time (had to reinstall), and I hope this works!