Skip to content

Anyone find it?

drechanadrechana Member Posts: 53
Just a bit o' fun :O)

How many people found the Ring of Wizardry below the Freindly Arm inn in BG1 without the walkthrough/co-ordinates?

Drec

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    No. :(
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    I'm surprised anyone ever found such a well hidden item.

With BG: EE in the BG 2 engine however, I wonder what the developers will do to keep these items hidden when they can be discovered with just the press of a button.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited August 2012
    @Ulfgar_Torunn Well if they realize that it's entirely OPTIONAL to press the button in the first place, nothing. I can't even find the RoW using TAB key anyway.
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    I found the protection ring, the wand of frost and the ring of fire but nothing else I think.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    i remember having 2 of those rings in the end way back before I had access to the internet, but whether that was from importing 1 or finding both, I cannot say anymore.
  • EilerEiler Member Posts: 93
    You can find a second ring of wizardry on a mage in the city of Baldur's Gate.
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    wand of frost and cloudkillscroll was the only ones i found
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    How about the Ankheg mail buried underneath the tree in Nashkel town? That one would be impossible to find since its so out of the way.

In an area nearby there is a ton of scrolls buried in the grass too. Not sure what map though. I hope they leave these little treasures in.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    the diamond in the tree in the first area outside candle keep. the jumper mentioned it but i never knew he was being serious. On my first playthrough of BGT, i was hmmmm, what's all this then?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I got told about both by a friend at school, many moons ago. Took me a while to find them in vanilla though.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Without coordinates I just found the ring of protection and ring of fire resistance. Nothing else ;_;

NOW though... NOOOW... everything is different. Looooooot!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yea I only learned of it through reading a walkthrough. Even then it took me forever to actually find it.
  • KenyonKenyon Member Posts: 142
    I found the Ring of Wizardry on my very first playthrough. Just got lucky!
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Nope, but now that you told me about it I will. Same goes for the anhkeg plate.

*Travel to Nashkel, then travels back to Beregost, egg the Thunderhammer Smithy and flip Taerom the bird. Then, our intrepid hero travels north to flip an anhkeg the bird, and fails his save against breath weapon.*
  • drechanadrechana Member Posts: 53
    Well, looks like this was a handy thread, I never knew about half of these buried little treasures. Hope they leave them in the new game :)

Cheers all
    Drec
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    I found the Ring of Protection +1 by myself, but the Ring of Wizardy was something I found by accidentally hitting the TAB key once. Note that I've never played BG without Tutu or BGT installed, so I doubt I would have ever found it in the vanilla game.
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    I hope they add more secret items. I always loved finding the helm of Balduran in of the taverns in Baldur's Gate. Maybe they will hide some of those new kit items from us.
  • purebredcornpurebredcorn Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2012
    Eiler said:

I always got that one, but I never realized there was a second in the Friendly Arm Inn area...sweet! I wonder where it is?

Thanks drechana, for creating this thread.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @purebredcorn : as soon as you get to the area from the southern border, go east until you see a big pine tree and below its log, there's a tiny spot where you can see that the grass is slightly darker (if I am not mistaken). It REALLY is tiny. That's the place :)
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    Hah! I definitely did NOT find it without assistance.
  • purebredcornpurebredcorn Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2012

@purebredcorn : as soon as you get to the area from the southern border, go east until you see a big pine tree and below its log, there's a tiny spot where you can see that the grass is slightly darker (if I am not mistaken). It REALLY is tiny. That's the place :)

Cool! Thank you.

• LRECLREC Member Posts: 68
    My cousin showed it to me when I was 9-10 when he was teaching me how to play. Also showed me the Ankheg armor :)
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    There is a press in one of the hotels/inns in baldurs gate which has 500 gems stacked in it. Its pretty easy to find since its nit hidden.

Eiler said:

I always got that one, but I never realized there was a second in the Friendly Arm Inn area...sweet! I wonder where it is?

Thanks drechana, for creating this thread.
    By the way pure, when we say tiny, we really mean tiny. We are talking 1-3 pixels. Hope you find it :)

Drechana
  • DejwoSWKDejwoSWK Member Posts: 35
    I did...I was just clicking at random things and found it
    Wicked :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Even with tab, even when you find it, it can be a trick to get your cursor to hover over it exactly. The Zoom feature in BG:EE will help with that, if you think to use it.

Wait. Did someone say there's a Ring of Fire?
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Ward said:

No. :(

Its below the Frienadly Arm Inn city near a tree.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

I'm surprised anyone ever found such a well hidden item.

With BG: EE in the BG 2 engine however, I wonder what the developers will do to keep these items hidden when they can be discovered with just the press of a button.

Which button?