Skip to content

Random crash

I have been playing BG EE 2 like a religion, (Boo approves of my recent convertment :D) lately and I have experienced a crash 3, possibly 4 times where as I am closing out my dialogue the game suddenly crashes. There is an error window but it is 'locked' behind the game window and thus I can never see what the error says, has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    The two most likely options are a crash notification, or an are you sure you want to quit window.

Have a look at the my game has crashed thread and see if anything there helps.
  • SlytherzSlytherz Member Posts: 45
    Okay, I will take a look at that thread later on. I will also, (kind of hope not) try to re create my error and fart around with it to show the crash window. There is no log anywhere that would save crash notifications for the game on my HD is there? I know its a crash due to the beep sound I get when it crashes. There is no chance it be a memory leak is there? Seems to happen when I play the game for an extended period of time, last night I successfully played for several hours without re creating my issue, I also closed and restarting the game several times.

On another note, thank goodness for quick saves!
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    The game does produce crash dumps but not in a readable format, more details in that topic.

If you can reliably reproduce the issue we can investigate but from what you are describing it sounds very intermittent.