Skip to content

[Mod] Neera Romance Issue

TriaxxTriaxx Member Posts: 56
edited October 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I'm having trouble getting the Neera romance to progress. I recently installed both the Romantic Encounters mod and then the BGtweaks pack. I think that may have something to do with it, because after activating the option to allow multiple romances, Jaheira stopped initiating any dialogue at all, and Neera soon followed. I kicked Jehiera to terminate that romance in case of a conflict, and still could not get Neera to initiate banter outside of situations such as the spellholod dungeon slayer conversation, or the post-phaere talk in the underdark. Currently, I have exited the Underdark, and tried using the "advancerealtime" function in the console to trigger talks. I was able to get to talk 8, which is the "dog poo incident" if I'm not mistaken, but I am currently now unable to get #9 (post battle discussion) to trigger. From messing with variables in Shadowkeeper, to advancing the real time counter, to traveling all over, etc. I can't get anything to work. Again, this is post Underdark, just before Bodhi, and Neera's quest chain is complete. (I rescued the wild mages and killed that traitor afterwards.

ANYWAYS

I could use some help because I was enjoying the subplot and really don't want to have to do anything drastic to get it to continue, especially since I'm close to the endgame and A) want it locked in for ToB and B) want to get through all the SoA dialogue before taking down Irenicus.

I'll link a save game if someone tells me how.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I've verified your account @Triaxx‌ so you should be able to attach a zipped save now.
  • TriaxxTriaxx Member Posts: 56
    Thanks. How exactly do I post it?
    I assume this should work. I've also uninstalled Romantic Encounters for the moment to see if that works. Again, I'm currently trying to get the post battle talk to trigger. Nothing I have tried works so far, so I'm roaming around killing things at the moment. I'd rather just be able to force all of them to play back to back and then kill Irenicus, but nothing seems to work.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I didn't have time to read your earlier comment properly first time around. Installing & uninstalling mods mid game isn't a great idea as it can lead to instability. If you've used Shadowkeeper that won't help either as it doesn't cater for the enhanced editions, and EE Keeper is the preferred option.

Your NEERALOVETALKSTIMER is set to a negative number. I changed it to 1 and as soon as I left the keep she started a dialogue, so that may be all you need to do @Triaxx‌
    (Correction: I am indeed using EEkeeper, not Shadow Keeper)

I looked at it and you're right, that was the problem, although I could have sworn that I attempted to adjust that variable earlier. However, in removing RE and the Romance cheats from BGtweaks, it works when I use console codes to set the timer to 1. I did, however, need to change the lovetalk variable itself so that it would skip over the post battle dialogue I was unable to achieve.

I'm in ToB now and getting talks, so I guess I can salvage this relationship after all.

If only it was that easy in real life.

Anyways...

This will teach me not to install mods mid game I guess.