Skip to content

Drizzt has the Eye of Ra

2»

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I see 'The Hunter' as more of a Barbarian Rage type of ability in that he loses much of his control and simply becomes the perfect killing machine. It isn't a straight translation obviously but that is the closest game analogy that I can come up with.
  • Cal_ElCal_El Member Posts: 56
    Drizzt vs Sarevok.... hmmm
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607

I see 'The Hunter' as more of a Barbarian Rage type of ability in that he loses much of his control and simply becomes the perfect killing machine. It isn't a straight translation obviously but that is the closest game analogy that I can come up with.

Actually in 3.x terms, the Hunter is specifically a Barbarian rage. In 3.5 he was statted out as a Fighter 10/Barbarian 1/Ranger of Mielikki 5. He has no other ability which comes close to replicating his "hunter mode" besides his 1/day Barbarian rage. I always thought it strange that the reknown Drow Ranger had more fighter levels than ranger levels though.
    @GoodSteve - LOL. Yeah, I thought that was funny as well. But then again, nothing that they do surprises me anymore. It is gratifying to know that i wasn't the only one who thought along those lines. I am actually ashamed to admit that I once played a Drow Ranger/Barbarian on a Persistent world. Ah, well. They say that mimicry is the most sincere form of flattery.
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    Cal_El said:

Drizzt vs Sarevok.... hmmm

Console spawn them and find out!
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287

I am actually ashamed to admit that I once played a Drow Ranger/Barbarian on a Persistent world. Ah, well. They say that mimicry is the most sincere form of flattery.

Did you give the character a cool name like Fizzt No'Burpen?
    kcwise said:

I am actually ashamed to admit that I once played a Drow Ranger/Barbarian on a Persistent world. Ah, well. They say that mimicry is the most sincere form of flattery.

Did you give the character a cool name like Fizzt No'Burpen?
    Actually, his name was Fenric Ulf. This was before DA2 came out and was not named after THAT character, but after Loki's son who swallowed the moon in Norse Mythology (and the wolf character in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe apparently, a fact that someone pointed out to me sometime later).
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    Luke I am your Feta