Skip to content

The new kits - ask away (spoilers)

124»

Comments

• ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    *casts Animate Dead*

What are the new kits codes for 2da files? Simply TYR and TEMPUS?
  • Knuckles217Knuckles217 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone remember from when IWD2 was first being developed (and they were still considering using the ADnD rule set) what kits they talked about?

I seem to remember a mercenary (or something like that) who was a fighter with nerfed maximum weapon proficiency in exchange for extra pips?

I also remember talk about multi-class kits, I can't recall if it was a developer's idea or just a fan's... Would have been cool to have a legit bladesinger in this saga anyway.

But really, does anyone on here remember that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VherdelVherdel Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2015
    Just a quick question, are the BG kits also implemented in IWD now? as well as dual wielding?
    That would give it an entirely new spin to it.
    I do remember when adding a weapon to the shield slot with dalekeeper the dual wield animation was there, it just did'nt do anythng.
    Still did it for the looks though.

I'd certainly love to play an assassin through IWD.

Maybe its an idea to implement some spells from BG to IWD and vice versa too?
    The spells in IWD are way more fun in my opinion.
    And BG has a severe lack of ice spells.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Vherdel said:

Just a quick question, are the BG kits also implemented in IWD now? as well as dual wielding?
    That would give it an entirely new spin to it.
    I do remember when adding a weapon to the shield slot with dalekeeper the dual wield animation was there, it just did'nt do anythng.
    Still did it for the looks though.

I'd certainly love to play an assassin through IWD.

Maybe its an idea to implement some spells from BG to IWD and vice versa too?
    The spells in IWD are way more fun in my opinion.
    And BG has a severe lack of ice spells.

Yea all the BG kits are there
  • fireandsteel73fireandsteel73 Member Posts: 31

Does anyone remember from when IWD2 was first being developed (and they were still considering using the ADnD rule set) what kits they talked about?

I seem to remember a mercenary (or something like that) who was a fighter with nerfed maximum weapon proficiency in exchange for extra pips?

I also remember talk about multi-class kits, I can't recall if it was a developer's idea or just a fan's... Would have been cool to have a legit bladesinger in this saga anyway.

But really, does anyone on here remember that?

I was on the forums back then as The Jester and Josh Sawyer was contemplating something like a Landsnecht fighter - wanted to give the fighter class different kits.

• MrBungleMrBungle Member Posts: 50
    What about playing a drow? This is Ice wind dale after all.
  • fireandsteel73fireandsteel73 Member Posts: 31
    MrBungle said:

What about playing a drow? This is Ice wind dale after all.

No kit for that but if you were to 'make' your own drow, what adv/disadvantages would you give?