Skip to content

Is the Android version only playable on specific devices?

Is the Android version only playable on specific devices? I'm asking because I don't currently have a tablet which can run Baldur's Gate: EE (and hopefully BG2: EE), I was looking at purchasing a Tesco Hudl (1) to play it but I'd like to know if only certain tablets can play it. Thank you :)

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @Dee might be able to help you here.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The EEs are playable on devices running at least Android 4.0. A Tesco Hudl qualifies—in fact, one of our internal testers uses one.
  • GalaxialgraveGalaxialgrave Member Posts: 7
    Thank you. :)
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited October 2014
    I have tested bg ee on android 4.3, 4.4 and 5.0 on various devices including the samsung galaxy s3, s4, s5 and the nexus 5 and 7 (2013). Its a joy to say the least. I havent read anything during or after my beta testing and its release indicating someone couldnt play it (in its current build).

Anyone reading this should be pretty safe with whatever has a reasonable dual core and 1gb of ram (2 would be better on anything below android 4.4). In other words, If it can keep up with the 2+ year old samsung galaxy s3 (us versions) phone youll have a great time.
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    For reference, I can get the game to run (not very well) on an original Galaxy S running Cyanogenmod...
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @Galaxialgrave‌ I've been beta testing on a HUDL 1 but haven't played an entire game on it. I've been looking at BGII:EE beta recently and have done the prologue so far. No crashes etc. but it feels very slightly slower than the 1st gen Nexus 7 and I was planning to see how it coped with more demanding scenes.

HUDL 2 is out and I expect that would give a much better experience, but that's £130 instead of £80.

I'm happy to give an update if you intend purchasing a little way off, not sure how much I can fit in with other stuff so might not have too much further progress.
    Cheers
  • FrekFrek Member Posts: 15
    I play both BG and IWD on my Note 4 without any issues at all. I do use the stylus though, I'm not sure I could stand to play them on my phone using my finger. The Stylus makes it quite easy to play though. On any android device larger than a Note 4, I'm sure you won't have any issues.
  • laszlolaszlo Member Posts: 26
    @Frek‌
    Note 4 is 5,7 right? I play on my galaxy s advance 4 inch screen using finger and it's very comfortable.