Skip to content

Is it me or Drizzt does not impress me at all in end game?

I have the Drizzt Mod. Very effective indeed. But, he is not a tank? he is only -5? He has low HP? He is a fun damage dealer to play tho. I also think that Minsc is a big crying baby.

I have the feeling that a half-ogre kensai buffed would be stronger than Drizzt. Am i wrong?

tc all enjoying the game

Puffguts ftw

Comments

• CalcipherCalcipher Member Posts: 10
    Btw i also think that Neera cannot learn Petrification protection. Meh.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    DON'T POKE DRIZZT! 'Tis entirely unsociable.
    I am not poking him. This guy requires a lot of everything in endgame thats all lol.
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    Calcipher said:

half-ogre kensai buffed\

Is it only for me hard to imagine that? o.o
    Do you mean Drizzt Saga mod? This mod seems pretty ridiculous to me, and yes this Drizzt is weaker than your endgame protagonist.
    But f you try to fight original, unmodded, Drizzt midgame - it will be a great fight.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited October 2014
    Drizzt stats are actually very unoptimized in lore. Many NPCs are like that.

For example he has 13 STR I believe? And low CON as well. Though very very high DEX.
    But he's not wearing heavy plate.

Valygar, Minsc or Sarevok kick his ass really and easily. Or Charname especially.

Here are his ADnD stats: http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/drizzt-2nd.htm
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Archaos said:

Drizzt stats are actually very unoptimized in lore. Many NPCs are like that.

This...

Most literary characters are created more more for the story rather than for any attempt at power-gaming the D&D rules.

Well Final fight went pretty well! I was wrong about him. He just deal too much damage loll
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Pssst... Hey kid. Want some DAMAGE?
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Calcipher said:

Btw i also think that Neera cannot learn Petrification protection. Meh.

Incorrect.

Are you sure you weren't trying to memorize from one of the Scrolls of Protection From Petrification (green - one use - more powerful), instead of from a scroll for the Protection from Petrification Spell (blue - may be memorized by most mages)?

I tried to learn the 1 from the * Mine * Boss Daventhorn i forgot his name tho. Maybe the one from Talenthyr works.. Thanks!
    @ dreamrider you are right. Maybe i had too much dwarven ale.