Skip to content

Is a Spellcaster heavy party possible?

I was thinking of making:

1 fighter type
1 fighter/cleric
and 2 spellcasters of some kind

I was figuring that I would have two warriors one of which greater and the other can heal and fight, and 2 spellcasters that can blast things to nothing who are protected from by warriors.

What is the exact limit to the max spellcasters you can have before it becomes unviable?

Comments

• ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    You can have as many spellcasters as you wish as long as you have at least one tank. Life without a character that can reliably hold the line is very difficult in the Dale.
  • ZyzzogetonZyzzogeton Member Posts: 526
    edited October 2014
    IIRC, any more than two Arcane spellcasters made distributing spell scrolls a chore in the original. Obviously Divine/Druid casters don't care about scrolls.

However now that Sorcerers are in, the problem of scroll distribution isn't that big anymore.
    You can have as many spellcasters as you wish as long as you have at least one tank. Life without a character that can reliably hold the line is very difficult in the Dale.
    Sleep and Color Spray are pretty effective crowd control until Web comes along. Then there's Summons.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Zeckul said:

Once your spellcasters get Mirror Image and Stoneskin, they are tanks. Problem solved!