Skip to content

Favored Enemies

So what is everyone favoring on Favored Enemies for Rangers?

Its been ages since I've played the first game and I frequently mix it up with my more recent memories of IWD2, so I can't recall what the better choices really are. I recall Trolls being plentiful in at least one of them, and lots of Giants. And I remember goblins being an oddly useful choice in the second game.

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I'd probably go with giants, because there's a metric ton of them in IWD and they hit like trucks. Barring that, any of the undead ones would probably be a good choice.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    When it comes to IWD, I usually pick one of the Undead types for Favored Enemy.
  • CedeosCedeos Member Posts: 47
    Trolls are pretty annoying but really dangerous only at the beginning in Dragon's Eye. And the bonuses of the ranger are not overcoming the main problem of killing them (which needs fire or acid).
    Undead (of all sorts) keep being a plague till the end of the game, so at the moment my C/R goes with cadaverous undead for all those Wights, Ghouls, Ghasts and Mummys out there.
  • forktheworldforktheworld Member Posts: 88
    I always pick giants for the same reasons as @Jarrakul They are pretty abundant throughout the storyline (aside from the Vale) and can really destroy a party if you're not careful. Any extra damage is pretty nice.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Yeah I was leaning towards Giants for my Archer. Mostly for the RP feeling of taking down huge targets with the bow. But I was unsure if the Giant Density I remember was from IWD or not.

Cadaverous Undead seems a highly sensible choice. And Cedeos makes a really good point about trolls.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I would vote for Trolls. The regenerate quickly for a low-level party.

Besides...