Skip to content

Edwin in good party?

Will Edwin stay in a party with "good" PCs or will he desert at some point? Hate to get used to having him, only to have him leave.

Comments

• HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    As far as I know he will leave eventually, but you can use a component in BG2 Tweaks to change that behavior.
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    He will leave if you reach 19 (or 20) in reputation, so either you use a way to loose reputation if you are close to 19, or use a tweak as said above.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Did I read that there was a MOD that removed that behavior from NPCs? Or did I dream it up?
    The happy patch component in BG2 Tweaks works fine for me. You get three options:

NPCs never get angry about reputation
    NPCs get angry, but never leave
    NPCs remain neutral, never getting happy or angry

I prefer the second one.
    THAT was it. Only for BG2, huh? Shame.
    BG2 Tweaks is a little bit misleading these days. It works for any EE release, and Tutu/BGT versions of BG1.

They're planning a name change soon.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    He will also depart the game permanently if you attempt to drop him 'temporarily' at party rep 17 or 18.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Considering Edwin is a power hungry Thayan wizard, I think he would stay even with a goody two shoes character just for the chance at power :)
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    From recent experience the critical point was not so much the party rep, he left because I spent too long messing around and couldn't get to the Gnoll fortress in time to deal with Dynaheir. So if your party as a whole can live with that issue then I think his only problem would be if you aspire to sainthood.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Not "aspire to sainthood". Rather "aspire to 50% discount on all purchased items".
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    He might leave if you have Minsc in the party with him.

When I say leave, I mean leave Faerun.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Well you CAN get Edwin to stay in your party at 20 reputation...

...if your PC's name is Edwin.
    I guess it all depends on what your definition of a 'Good' party is. I think Dorn, Shar-Teel, Viconia, Edwin, Kagain and an Elven Assassin are a 'Good' party, none better. Just sayin....