Skip to content

Korgan refuses to rejoin group

arkngtarkngt Member Posts: 20
I dropped Korgan from the group as I thought I'd do Planar Sphere with Valygar, but as that seems to be too hard for the my chars levels, I wanted to have him rejoining it - but now he refuses. He says he wants a better reason than good loot. I thought he'd rejoin for 500 GP, but I don't get that option. This is quite unfortunate as I like the little dwarf, so the game won't be the same w/o him. He also has some nice equipment that I would have taken from him if I knew he wouldn't be accessible any more. Anyone who knows what's up with him?

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Korgan is an Evil character, it's possible that your Reputation is too high for him to be interested in joining your party.
  • arkngtarkngt Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2014
    That shouldn't be it at this rather early stage in the game I think. The party reputation is 16. I've had him leaving the party once for that reason, but that was much later in the game.

Guess I might reload from an earlier save from before dropping him...
    Post edited by arkngt on
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,872
    You only get the 500 gold option if you have that much on you.
    edited November 2014
    Well, now I feel really stupid. That was it. I had just bought the Staff of Rynn for Jaheira, so they didn't have the 500 needed...

I'm redoing the Umar Hills quest anyway as I forgot to free Mazzy, but it's nice to know that it wasn't some weird glitch/bug.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @arkngt: Absolutely no offense, but this was a hilarous D'OH type exchange. For you as well, I'm sure.
    edited November 2014
    Indeed... In my defense, I only found out about it costing money when googling about it, so it didn't cross my mind when I first tried it ingame.
    Post edited by arkngt on