Skip to content

Soloing the game with a Fighter/Cleric * Warning spoilers *

Well i am on my way to CloakWood with my F5/C6 Half-orc. With the right potions i might be able to kill Davaeorn. I have seen a lot of videos of people soloing the whole game but i think they lower the difficulty and or import items in their back pack. If you are soloing the game as well please share!

Tc

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Nice @Calcipher, and welcome to the forums. It would be cool to read more about your Half-Orc. Lowering difficulty or importing stuff shouldn't be necessary if you have some metagame knowledge, like many people do. Potions that will help you against Davaeorn would be Potions of Magic Shielding and Potions of Magic Resistance. Careful though, they have limited durations...
    I'm currently soloing a Dwarven Wizard Slayer through the trilogy (no-reload). Against Davaeorn he was protected by a PfMagic scroll. He's been through hard times but currently, in SoA using Vhailor's Helm to have a simulacrum cast Protection from Magic on my character, it's actually pretty easy. To be honest I'm beginning to wonder whether it's too easy this way. If you're interested, here you can read about my playthrough from the start.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    I didn't know a Wizard Slayer could use a scroll. Cool!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Klorox‌

A Wizard Slayer with 9 INT can use green scrolls of Protection: Protection from Magic, Protection from Petrification, Protection from Undead etc.

@Calcipher‌

The advice @Blackraven‌ has given is probably the best way ever of dealing with Davaeorn.

As a fighter/cleric, buff yourself to the fullest. DUHM + Armor of Faith + potions. When as a cleric you'll reach the 4th spell level, cast Holy Power and then DUHM - works wonders.

Also, Animate Dead. Summon as many skeletons as you can and use them. They have wonderful immunities, they're very strong summons and help greatly on the whole course of the game: from BG1 to ToB.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Actually i beat him in my solo no item run with traps, resting, and summoned skeletons (cleric/thief). But there was a bug, Davaeorn didn't memorized back his spells, while i was resting. And thief's trap is cheese, that i must to admit too:)