Skip to content

[Help me] Powergaming Party

13»

Comments

• RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    edited November 2014
    Consistently using a term wrong is still wrong, although having researched it more thoroughly WoW does seem to use a poorly bastardized definition... would you prefer junk mob/junk fight? An inconsequential and irrelevant mob or fight on the way to something interesting.

Maybe for your party, but if you are struggling with Undead all that is telling us is that your Cleric/Paladin is not doing its job.

Anything that you roll right over without even using steam is simply not worthy of consideration.
  • B4nJ0B4nJ0 Member Posts: 93
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, I was an hardcore wow gamer as well and I played for almost 2 year in a top 100eu guild. In the end quitted couz RL is much better then 3 month grinding and 1 week hard fighting vs new contest :P

Trash means not boss mobs, not EASY mobs. And oh god I still remember the not nerfed trash in Sunwell plateou for example ;)

IMO, again, I tend to optimize my gameplay given the contest of a game. Since IWD is almost boss free why would you bother to make an uber party vs 4 fights when we got way more problems vs trash? That's the point I will never understand, given How I play games. But it's up to playstile I guess..
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    edited November 2014
    B4nJ0 said:

Trash means not boss mobs, not EASY mobs.

We grant you that is the WoW definition we were sent; we would also suggest that is not the original pre-WoW/pre-MMO definition.
    edited November 2014
    Since I'm not an english native I tend to adapt and use the slang version of it, like most of the on line gaming community does as well to be honest. Sorry if that's a problem =(

ps: And I think one of the 1st mmo that started to abuse this slang was EQ, so almost 20 years ago, It's a lot of time for gaming ;)
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited November 2014
    There is no inherent meaning in the way it's used here, it's a term entirely defined by convention. There is no objective convention either, so it's used how you use it, and no faulting anyone for a different interpretation - hence my clarification of the definition earlier. But of course, it's entirely your prerogative to assume your own position of a subjectively defined term as the "correct" one, as long as you simply go and re-read my statements in light of my definition (and you'll find they are self-consistent in that regard).

Arguing about definitions only has merit up to the point of clarification, though. I think we're there, so let's just move on.
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    edited November 2014
    @ram021 I hope you realize that the community here is vastly different than those of generic Converse brand MMOs out there such as WoW.

It's not even fair to call the monster encounters in IWD 'trash' since I don't recall people wiping and strategizing for trash mobs as much as, if not more, for boss fights in WoW. The combat portion of IWD is definitely not solely focused on Boss fights alone; therefore, by neglecting these supposedly 'trash' mobs and focusing only on the best composition for boss fight, it is perhaps a quick way to set oneself up for failure in the HoF mode. I doubt failure is anyone's definition of powergaming.
    @Kenji I think you got what I wanted to say ;)