Skip to content

Dragon's Eye, level 2

ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
This is where my game most often ends, because monsters were always acting weird.

Coming at you in swarms in spite of being entirely unprovoked after quick-loading a game, not following your thief and instead going to an entirely different direction to fight the rest of the party even though they should not know they're there, and did I mention swarms?

Why do they behave that way? None of this makes any bleeding sense, nor have I reported this sort of behavior anywhere else in the game, at least not to such an extent. And more importantly, why has none of this been fixed?

F***k this level.

Edit: Also, always running out of fire arrows and burning oil, but that's a far lesser issue.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Buff a lot. Prayer and Chaos of Battle (if available) work wonders. Use Burning Hands and Sunscorch (the new level 1 druidic spell) to finish trolls.
  • hughcaldhughcald Member Posts: 9
    The 90s CD version had the same issue, not enough fire.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited November 2014
    aganazzar's can be used to kill many laid down trolls at once

edit: also burning hands can be carefully targeted to kill 2-3 at once
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    "Weapon ineffective."
    "Weapon ineffective."
    "Weapon ineffective."
    "Weapon ineffective."
    "Save vs. spell."

Yeah, you know what, fire arrows could be buffed a bit too.

Also I could swear I've seen enemies not be harmed by Burning Hands at all.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    burning hands is easy to miss "spatially"

how many lvl1 arcane slots do you have in your party when added together? if it's at least 5 you should be ok i think
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    bob_veng said:

burning hands is easy to miss "spatially"

That's an understatement. I do not understand this spell, every time I think I've got it figured out at last, in comes a time where I stand right in front of the enemy and miss completely. Raaargh!