Skip to content

Bard and Spell Progression

RedViiperRedViiper Member Posts: 48
Assuming I copy the wizard spell progression to the the bards spell progression. Will this give him the upper level wizard spells. Is there any adverse effects to this?

Comments

• RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    I assume that would work, but then you'd have the problem that a bard levels about twice as fast as a wizard, resulting in higher level spell slots way before you can actually use them. Even with their default spell progression, in a party of six, I still found that my bard was getting third and 4th level spellslots before I'd found any spellscrolls for those slots.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    Without checking it myself, I thought bards in IWDEE already got 8th level spells.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Yes, they do...eventually. Unless you change their spell progression table like I do.
  • RedViiperRedViiper Member Posts: 48
    I guess that what I get for replacing the file then asking. Oh well the new Barge (Bard+Mage) class is playing good.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Barge! Such music. Much spell. Wow! Very magic.
  • jimmysdabestcopjimmysdabestcop Member Posts: 74
    Bards need Sorcerer magic ability.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

Bards need Sorcerer magic ability.

NWN
    Prob should have changed it in IWD EE some much like 3E "light" elements in already. And multiclass bard as well.

Yeah liked bards a lot better in NWD plus they could prestige to Red Dragon Disciple.
    Single Class Bards do make me vomit a little. No need.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I want my bards the way they were before even that. Archers capable of shooting arrows at tiny opening in in between dragon's scales.