Skip to content

OLD: NWN 1 vs NWN 2 - Which do you prefer? (Neverwinter Nights)

VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
As the title says: NWN 1 vs NWN 2 - Which Neverwinter Nights game do you prefer?

I have played neither and am thinking about trying out one of them.

Which game is your favourite? And, if you want to give your thoughts about it, why?

(I wanted to add a poll, but have no idea how to...)

---

This thread is now obsolete due to another post with a poll.
Post edited by Vintrastorm on

Comments

• SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    I would have to lean towards NWN2 because the main campaign story is so much better than in NWN1, and the Mask of the Betrayer expansion is incredibly good.

That said NWN2's campaign isn't perfect. There is a bit too much griding in parts of the story, and I swear if I have to listen to that damned gnome bard speak one more time I'll fricking snap his neck like a dry twig.
  • FrondFrond Member Posts: 121
    I've tried both and I like NWN 2 a bit better. I think that has to do with the graphics factor. Nwn 2 aged *much* better than 1. NWN didn't have the agless style of the hand painted infinity engine games and looks horrible dated and feels clunky. From what I managed to play (some if the OC and some of the expansions) even the gameplay wasn't as fun, not much party mechanics.

Nwn 2, on the other hand, had a strong cast of party members, a good story and with a mod or two it had pretty decent graphics and TONS of customization. (Kaedrins Class pack)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Vintrastorm‌

To make a poll, choose the poll variant here:

Follow the good tips here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6082/tutorial-how-to-make-a-good-poll#latest

On topic: NWN 1 for me.
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    @bengoshi‌ I made a new post with a poll. Is it possible to move the answers already given here to that thread?
  • LesseLesse Member Posts: 81
    I'll go for NWN, solely due to Mask of the Betrayer.
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    NWN 1 for me just for the fact the system/UI feels less clunky for me. I remember being so happy that NWN 2 gave you control of a party again but frustrated when I found they wouldn't do what the hell I wanted.

I've got used to it now but still prefer the first as it's much easier to jump in and play.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    A moderator should close this thread. A new one with a poll has been created.
  • GlorenBronzebeardGlorenBronzebeard Member Posts: 45
    Since the good ol days of mutiplayer never winter nights are gone nwn 2.... more classes, better char design, cooler subraces (drow, drugar, planetouched) though I havent played all the way through the campaign....

NWN 1 Hordes of the underdark was dope.... the undertide was alright... i did love those kobolds... but hordes of the underdark ruled.... as for NWN 1 normal campaign? its cool.. nothing special... but HOTU was great stuff.. and SOTU was memerable too... that desert... and.. desert tilesets..

Damn did I make some cool maps in NWN 1
This discussion has been closed.