Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Item List?

WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
Where can one find the New Items / an Item List for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition?

Anyway,

Thank You for Your Time and Take Care Everyone!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
@artificial_sunlight‌

Has come to my [our] 'salvation' and created a New Magical Items List for Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition!
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36743/a-guide-to-new-magic-items-in-iwd-ee-spoilers/p1

You guys are simply the Best!
Post edited by WithinAmnesia on

Comments

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    None that I know of since the game's just been released!
    You'll have to be patient :)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You can use a keeper (is there one that works for iwd:ee yet?) or the trusty dltcep program to look up new item files, their names and codes, if you are so inclined.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    The newest version of EEKeeper (1.0.2.5) is compatible with IWDEE.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Here is list for non-EE version
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    edited November 2014
    Ah yes.. thx for that reminder shikao )
    It must be in one of those old FAQ that i beloved and collected some times ago that i saw for the first time that beauty of ' Girdle of Labelas ' : Free Action ('FA') on the wearer + Haste ('H') on self once per day ! (just imagine that heresy in BG1/2EE late 'enhanced' mindsets it seems!.. *D )

... i saw that way before i played the BG1/2EE.. and my at first bad taste suprise with the way they made free Will and Haste interract with those previous ones lol (basically, can't be used together in BG1/2EE... so the many 'logic' troubles reported with the simple free will ring ) ).... but imagine that, a belt with FA AND H on self LOL.... possible of course in IWD but totally heretic in the other EE it seems.. go wonder why.. personnaly i can't, but not too much a problem after all, personal patches are made for that i guess..if you have the time & dedication with the other EEs ) ;)

PS:
    already just collected and updated my last versions of EEKeeper (1.0.2.5 indeed) and DLTCEP (7.7j); priceless with the other EEs, hope will be less vital in IWDEE (to correct things if necessary).. seems so so far, crossing fingers)

PS2:
    Also that maybe ; http://mikesrpgcenter.com/icewind/index.html
    ( i remembered their excellent vanilla BG1/2 sections..seems they have also one for IWD vanilla.. nice start too imo) )

BTW.. just saw that one right now (to complete) ;
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36743/a-guide-to-new-magic-items-in-iwd-ee-spoilers#latest

;)

• WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    Hmmn, No word on game banshee? I contacted the owner of "Mike's RPG Center" a year ago t see if he or I could update the Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast section to a 'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' with all of the New Items at least, although it seems that 'life has caught up with him' and will mostly likely not do it; nor did he allow myself to update it for him. I think he is one of those people who likes to be independent; unfortunate it seems for his excellent website although :/. I also add the PLAT 99 and others to the [confusing] Baldur's Gate Wiki. Link "PLAT99" ( http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/"Plat99" ) I'm the first person (that I know of to post that Item on the internet ).
    So basiclly there is no list yet?

Where is that beautiful person whom made the magic item list for the Original Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Where is that beautiful person whom made the magic item list for the Original Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36743/a-guide-to-new-magic-items-in-iwd-ee-spoilers/p1
    elminster said:

Thank you my friend! To be fair I was not informed when I made my comment.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    The only list I've found to be accurate is the recently updated walk through on gamefaqs by Haeravon: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/256221-icewind-dale/faqs/55628

This is a full EE version walk through with almost all items mentioned. Some of the random items can be checked against the other big walk through by DSimpson: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/256221-icewind-dale/faqs/8166

Haeravon's walkthrough is good but it's best to ignore most advice regarding party composition.
  • IchthyicIchthyic Member Posts: 89
    ^^ that. Haeravon has a very simplistic attitude towards this game, and it shows in all of his party and gear recommendations. He spent very little time thinking through what he was doing IMO.

for example, all he cares about for armor and shields is just pure armor class... but especially in HOF or even just insane modes, that's not good enough. you needs resists, saves, etc.

often, even usually, it's better to use vanilla, NON magic armor, and then put on a ring or cloak or necklace of protection +2.

why?

because you get the same AC, but unlike magic armor, rings of protection give you bonuses to your saving throws as well.

for some reason, he never even considers this.

basically, full plate mail and a ring of protection +2 is FAR better in this game than full plate mail +2.

and he basically ignores most spells except confusion. *shrug*

anywho, bottom line, it's a decent walkthrough for the areas, though it isn't updated to reflect the fixes that have been made to some quests and the like.

you can basically ignore ALL of his advice otherwise and do just fine. in fact, the version I have has comments added by Lee, and those are actually often much more relevant to better gaming experience.

@Ichthyic perhaps I should do a proper walk-through of the game some time in the future akin to Mike's RPG center? http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate/melee.html

Random: Progenerate is not supposed to sound like Pra-Gen-Er-Ate but rather think of it as the reveres of Degenerate; as in it is Pro-Generate with a Pro being positive where as Degenerate uses De as negative. So in short say 'Progenerate' as Pro-Gen-Er-Ate. Yes this has no relation to the thread subject; this I understand

Take Care Friend.
  • IchthyicIchthyic Member Posts: 89
    yeah, that would be awesome if you have the time.

I still refer to mike's regularly.
    I tried to update his website for him with Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition but he refused and wants his independence. He is focusing on other things with his life and I doubt that he will ever go back to his earlier years of working on video game fan sites in the days of his late youth:l Although he did recommend that I should create my own website; which I might just do but first I am 'currently' working on a Private Server for World of Warcraft [Patch 3.3.5a] named "Edge of Chaos" as a hobby and I feel that I can learn greatly from my time there. Although I worry not about time and years down the road for I plan to revisit Baldur's Gate and create the proper website and finish my free version of my Expansion Pack I am working on named "Path of the Lost Odyssey".

Baldur's Gate is not like most games where they boom and then bust only to be remembered as 'good'; No, Baldur's Gate is an immortal epic and a legendary video game, everyone worth their salt knows it. I worry not how long I must wait until I can come back with might, drive and experience to REALLY stir-up new content for the community, for Baldur's Gate is a classic; it will not die.

Take care my unknown mysterious friend.
  • HaeravonHaeravon Member Posts: 17
    Ichthyic said:

^^ that. Haeravon has a very simplistic attitude towards this game, and it shows in all of his party and gear recommendations. He spent very little time thinking through what he was doing IMO.

for example, all he cares about for armor and shields is just pure armor class... but especially in HOF or even just insane modes, that's not good enough. you needs resists, saves, etc.

often, even usually, it's better to use vanilla, NON magic armor, and then put on a ring or cloak or necklace of protection +2.

why?

because you get the same AC, but unlike magic armor, rings of protection give you bonuses to your saving throws as well.

for some reason, he never even considers this.

basically, full plate mail and a ring of protection +2 is FAR better in this game than full plate mail +2.

and he basically ignores most spells except confusion. *shrug*

anywho, bottom line, it's a decent walkthrough for the areas, though it isn't updated to reflect the fixes that have been made to some quests and the like.

you can basically ignore ALL of his advice otherwise and do just fine. in fact, the version I have has comments added by Lee, and those are actually often much more relevant to better gaming experience.

Oh my... where to even begin?

If I only cared about AC on shields, why would The Argent Shield be my end-game HoF shield for my party? AC is useful during your first run through the game, and with five hungry hands in the original game, you end up using sub-par shields based on the merit of Armor Class. There's just not enough uber shields to go around in one playthrough. Did you ever even read my guide? If so, you must have missed my recommended HoF stats, where every F/M/C was using the Argent Shield AND a Ring of Protection +2, along with Robes of the Watcher, which, of course, allows you to wear protection items with.

Confusion is a nice spell. Chaos is better. Symbol of Hopelessness is the best debuff in the game. Or it was in the vanilla version, anyways. Kind of less potent now... but that's not the point. For HoF play, buffs/debuffs are the best spells to cast. Dealing 40 damage to a critter with Fireball isn't anywhere near as useful as incapacitating them for an entire fight, which is easily done with a barrage of debuffs. If I harp on a few spells, it's because they work.

I will agree, though, and Lee is transcendent. Great guy, and he wrote his own IWD2 guide, if you like his style. I suggest you check up on my latest versions, though. You seem to be misrepresenting what I actually say. The older guide wasn't as good (give me a break, it was my first guide), but the 300kb v1.00 has long since been replaced by the swanky 1000kb v1.03, upon which the Enhanced Edition guide is based. The latter needs a v1.02 update something terrible, but even there, I've ditched shields entirely and moved on to using two Morning Stars +4: Defender. My new build also focuses on using the Ring of Reckless Action (so much for only focusing on Armor Class) and Improved Haste to turn all my F/M/Cs into full beast mode, when buffed. Sadly, I haven't been able to get v1.02 out yet, since I've been working for Gamerguides.com in the past few months, and haven't had time to do uncontracted work. I'll try to get around to updating it around August, as I've got to tackle The Witcher 3 in the meantime.

As for my polarizing opinions on classes... well, most single-class characters suck. Sorry, no sugar for it. Dual-class builds are good (my first IWD party was a bunch of grind-happy dual-classers), but when it comes to sheer power and tactical versatility, I think multi-classers are the way to go. Especially if you want to play the game through normally, first, and aren't planning on just starting in HoW to exploit the free experience at the beginning of the expansion to skip all low-level play. I tried to write a guide that appealed to both casual and hardcore gamers, and followed the story chronologically. I think the triple-classers are the best classes to do that with, all things considered. Given the goals of the guide, that made most other classes and kits obsolete, and really, most of them have no business being part of a HoF party anyways. My comments on them reflect that.

Anyways, if you guys find problems with my guide, feel free to send me an e-mail. I always want to make my guides better.
  • ZyzzogetonZyzzogeton Member Posts: 526
    edited April 2015
    give you bonuses to your saving throws as well.
    All my runs are fresh L1 HoF runs and I don't think I've ever given a thought about saving throws.

It's far better to just make your party immune (either by spells or summons to draw fire) to those spells than risk a saving throw.

Haven't bothered reading the guide, but given all the ways there are in this game to immunize yourself from spells that allow saving throws, a guide is better off just telling people which spells to have ready at every area instead of telling them to equip of RoP+2 and pray their character saves.

Also, IIRC, the Ring of Protection+2 conflicts with the Shield that grants resistances.

give you bonuses to your saving throws as well.
    All my runs are fresh L1 HoF runs and I don't think I've ever given a thought about saving throws.

It's far better to just make your party immune (either by spells or summons to draw fire) to those spells than risk a saving throw.

Haven't bothered reading the guide, but given all the ways there are in this game to immunize yourself from spells that allow saving throws, a guide is better off just telling people which spells to have ready at every area instead of telling them to equip of RoP+2 and pray their character saves.

Also, IIRC, the Ring of Protection+2 conflicts with the Shield that grants resistances.

My guide has a dedicated "Spell Tactics" section where I discuss every spell in the game (in varying detail, depending on how much attention each spell deserves), as well as suggested spells per level, and a section that discusses various buff orders depending upon the situation in question. Individual fights and tactics for them are also presented in the walkthrough, of course. Sadly, I haven't gotten around to updating the EE spells (although their locations and my opinions of them are in the walkthrough-I just haven't re-done the Spell Tactics section yet), it's something that'll be improved for v1.02.

IWD has less challenging spellcasters than BG2 did, and from what I saw in my HOF playthrough, IWDEE hasn't really changed this. A strategic casting (or several, as the case may be) of Spell Immunity renders most Saving Throws obsolete-I'd never tell anybody to take pains to equip a Ring of Protection +3 in BG2 so they could better face down a lich. Instead, you prepare with Spell Immunity, Death Ward, and Chaotic Commands. I see no reason why the same shouldn't apply to IWDEE. Also, when fully buffed, the F/M/Cs have such low Saving Throws that a point or two doesn't really make a difference...

In case anybody is using my guide, though, and can't wait for the update spell info, I can give some indications of what I'll change. Ring of Reckless Action will replace the Ring of Protection +2 (or Ring of Free Action, as you please). Also the Argent Shield is being replaced by a second Morning Star +4: Defender. This plus Improved Haste makes all my F/M/Cs have quite a number of attacks per round (not the perfect 10, but close), and is quite potent. Righteous Wrath of the Faithful + Haste no longer stacks, nor are either needed for HoF parties, since all the characters will buff with Improved Haste. Use Spell Immunity (Evocation/Conjuration) before fights with casters in HoF mode that cast damaging spells, as this should grant outright immunity to them (Death Ward and Chaotic Commands/Mind Blank work wonders against the rare death spell, and the not-so-rare mind-affecting effect). Symbol of Hopelessness is less potent now than it was in the vanilla version, but it's still a great high-level debilitator when cast en masse. I can only imagine the uses for Spell Trigger and Time Stop in IWDEE, but considering that direct-damage dealing spells leave something to be desired, they're probably best used to apply buffs/debuffs. Haven't tested Time Stop extensively, so I don't know for sure if stronger foes are immune to it (like Demogorgon in BG2), but if not... it's pretty much an "I win" spell.
    Final boss of the game isn't immune to Time Stop. It was also the only final battle where I felt Time Stop was actually useful (on a Fighter/Mage) in a party.

Not sure about the other final bosses (HoW/TotL) since reducing my damage output to one character, even if it was a Fighter/Mage, just wasn't worth it given that you could easily just turn most of those battles into "auto attack to victory" battles with some positioning and Invisibility to draw all the attackers to the party member who was (nearly) immune to everything.

I guess the Rakshasa fight might have benefited from Time Stop.

Final boss of the game isn't immune to Time Stop. It was also the only final battle where I felt Time Stop was actually useful (on a Fighter/Mage) in a party.

Not sure about the other final bosses (HoW/TotL) since reducing my damage output to one character, even if it was a Fighter/Mage, just wasn't worth it given that you could easily just turn most of those battles into "auto attack to victory" battles with some positioning and Invisibility to draw all the attackers to the party member who was (nearly) immune to everything.

I guess the Rakshasa fight might have benefited from Time Stop.

Another possibility is the Kraken Society Mages, if you pick a fight with Marketh. Those guys were a pain. Then again, Spell Immunity is probably a better bet against Mages. It would really depend if your buff durations continued to expire for party members who weren't active during a Time Stop. If not, you could technically spam Time Stop until you killed what you're fighting. If so, removing the rest of your party from combat for three rounds (and shaving off three rounds of duration for all your buffs) wouldn't be worth it, save for some quick healing/buffing.
    Buffs keep ticking down during Time Stop

Had a few buffs on inactive party members disappear in the middle of a Wish IA+2xTS