Skip to content

The best HoF class: sorcerer

B4nJ0B4nJ0 Member Posts: 93
Ok I'm done with my 1st HoF run and let me say.. I didn't like it too much.

This was, in fact, the 1st time I have played the game! I'm used to play modded bg2 and I'm a kind of powerplayer myself but I wanted to "take it easy" and go for something that in bg2 would not be min/maxed party at all and to try some less common class combination for a bg2 pow.

Bers7>cleric
F/C (half orc)
Kensai9>druid
ass7>fighter
Archer (elf)
Sorcerer

Yeah, still a lot of atk/round and kill potential. But the main problem for me was the sorcerer indeed. Way too much buffing and ccs. When I got improved haste in the middle of the game... Basically the run ended.

The main problem of sorcerer in an HoF run is that she gain levels too fast vs the contest of the game. IWD is a low magic campaign and having a level 20 arcane user fighting fat yeti and goblins doesn't make things "fair".

There is no true sight, almost no dispell, no magic fights or whatever. Just a bunch of bodies that will explode after you go up to 50 atk/round. People that say HoF is not spell friendly are wrong. Spells have never been a good damage source in infinity games, BUT having all your utility spells not counterable by enemies is just cheating.

I'm trying another HoF run banning the sorcerer. It's a smaller and evil party that will play more around cc and less around Improved haste and invisibility spells. Finally i'm having fun, and problems in fights as well ;)

F/C half orc
kensai9>druid
Dark moon monk
F/M/T elf

Comments

• ZyzzogetonZyzzogeton Member Posts: 526
    edited November 2014
    Improved Haste is a win more condition.

You don't need it to win at all, all it does just makes you win faster.

The only tough part that my party without a Sorcerer encountered that my party with a Sorcerer breezed through was the Vale of Shadows, once my Mages learned Invisibility 10' Radius, every battle was a sure win with no casualties.
  • MapleMaple Member Posts: 26
    B4nJ0 said:

This was, in fact, the 1st time I have played the game! I'm used to play modded bg2 and I'm a kind of powerplayer myself but I wanted to "take it easy" and go for something that in bg2 would not be min/maxed party at all and to try some less common class combination for a bg2 pow.

I do think level 1 HoF is not for sane character to beat.

It's no shame to use insane Sorcerer beating such an insane mode.

Let me ask a question:

Without Lvl 2 Glitterdust, Lvl 3 Slow, Lvl 4 Emotion Courage, how do you beat Dragon's Eye Level 3 the beginning, with 15 Cold Wight and 5 Skeleton Archer?

The team should be around 400000 XP each character, aka. lvl 11 for a Sorcerer.
  • billygreatbillygreat Member Posts: 66
    edited November 2014
    Maple said:

B4nJ0 said:

I do think level 1 HoF is not for sane character to beat.

It's no shame to use insane Sorcerer beating such an insane mode.

Let me ask a question:

Without Lvl 2 Glitterdust, Lvl 3 Slow, Lvl 4 Emotion Courage, how do you beat Dragon's Eye Level 3 the beginning, with 15 Cold Wight and 5 Skeleton Archer?

The team should be around 400000 XP each character, aka. lvl 11 for a Sorcerer.
    My team was at 500.000 XP each when I entered that level and I did not used any of those spells. I used web+ entangle+ animate dead.

• schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    You're not kidding about level 3 being crazy ... I went invis 10' and walked around .... holy crap. Seeing all those wights lined up felt like the death star with storm troopers ...