Skip to content

Two playthroughs, two parties

So these are my current playthroughs, though both have just started. All chars are on iOS, so no cheated stats. Rate that party!

Human Female Berserker -> Dual to Cleric

18/45
(yes, a 97 roll - I almost died of shock, i've never even heard of one that high before!)

Human Male Monk

Half-Orc Male Swashbuckler
(I had a good enough roll to go ahead and uselessly max con, which I did in case of a +1 to grant regen down the road. Who knows, I haven't played IWD before)

Human Female Dragon Disciple
(again, will get regen from DD bonuses down the road)

Half-Elf Female Bard
(94 roll!)

Half-Elf Female Avenger

Second party is arguably MORE powergamey, after experiences with the first party. Both are being played on Insane due to familiarity with the engine, if not with IWD.

Elven Male Archer
18/53
(95!)

Human Male Cavalier
18/21

Dwarven Male Dwarven Defender
18/61

Halfing Female Fighter/Thief

Half Orc Male Priest of Tempus

And the same bard, if it ain't broke, dont' fix it:

Half-Elf Female Bard

Experiences so far - party 2 shreds mobs that party 1 had trouble with.

Party one got a Sleep spell to drop early from the goblins in Easthaven. Party 2 needed no such shenanigans on the Orc Cave, but Party 1 had a lot of issues. It's surprising due to the lack of arcane magic in party 2, but the cleric and the combination of the Archer/Cav/Fighter-Thief/DD absolutely SHRED the npcs that step in our way.

Rather, they did in the prologue. Lol.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Comments

• MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167
    Not sure what you want to hear exactly but both parties are gonna do just fine. My guess is that party 1 might eventually become even stronger than party 2.

But then again... party 2 does have the archer...
  • by_the_swordby_the_sword Member Posts: 42
    Well I certainly wouldn't want to fight them. The monsters will tremble in fear.
  • belascobelasco Member Posts: 18
    The only problem with a half orc priest of tempus is that his special ability will decrease his strength to 18/00
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    belasco said:

The only problem with a half orc priest of tempus is that his special ability will decrease his strength to 18/00

I'm having a half orc priest of tempus in my party and don't see this as a downside. You don't activate the special ability every second, so having 19 STR for an odd encounter helps a lot.

Also, the difference between STR 19 and STR 18/00 is minimal (it's only +1 damage, not even THACO difference).

At last, for battles where I use the Holy Power special ability I follow it with DUHM. Being able to combine Holy Power and DUHM from the 3rd (and not the 7th) level of your character is cool.

Overall, though, I like the 1st team more: a druid and a bard are essential for IWDEE both from a RP-ing and from a gaming point of view, I think.
  • JaemonJaemon Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the input!

For the half-orc I figured it would let me focus more on using Chaos of Battle and spellcasting rather than Holy Power, and 19 str for additional weightallowance alone is a benefit for my packrat style of gameplay.

Thanks again all!
  • JaemonJaemon Member Posts: 12
    I do find myself wishing I had the archer instead of the monk in party 1, but he's there for RP reasons...

Namely that the characters are based off family, and I'm a martial arts teacher, so he's, in essence, my PC, lol.