Skip to content

Sarevok's Deathbringer Assault issues. (With TP2 fix for developer convenience!)

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
edited November 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
There are two separate issues with this spell, both of which I have fixed with a TP2. Go ahead and use it if you want.

Pre-report note: Since the probability of the effects of Sarevok's Deathbringer spell are very low (3% or 10% chance on hit, depending on the effect) I have also included a target dummy creature file for more convenient issue reproduction. Target.cre has lots of HP (Over 9000!), average saves, and no resistances/immunities of any sort. If you would prefer not to use the creature file I provided (not sure why you wouldn't) then substitute your own target from the game's default resources. I find that ELEARG01.CRE works well for the purpose too.

Repro Steps:

1. Load attached save game.
2. Using the console, spawn the attached Target.cre
3. Using Sarevok, attack the Target.cre with any melee weapon.

Observed: Target will become stunned on a failed saving throw 10% of the time it is hit, but there will be no string displayed to indicate that this has happened. 3% of the time Target is hit it will take 200 additional slashing damage, an animation effect will appear over it, and the string "Deathbringer Assault" will be displayed. 3% of the time Target is hit Sarevok will laugh; this does not, however, occur at the same time as the other effects of the Deathbringer assault.

Expected: If Target is stunned, a string should display in the log indicating that fact. All of the effects of the Deathbringer Assault (Sarevok's laugh, 200 bonus damage, "Deathbringer Assault" string display, animation effect) should happen at the same time.

Relevant file: Sareveff.spl

TP2 fix:
Edit: The forum doesnt want to play nice with the pre function so I will just upload the TP2 file.

Explanation of TP2 fix:

To fix the issue with the lack of stun string I added a new effect to the spell that will display the string when the effect occurs. To fix the issue with Sarevok's laugh not syncing up with the rest of the Deathbringer effects I had to change the target of the play sound effect to whoever Sarevok is attacking rather than Sarevok himself (due to engine limitations). I also changed the resistance type of the effect to "non-magical" (opcode 0) (which it should be).
Post edited by Tresset on