Skip to content

[Mod] ToB Pocket plane - most companions not available to summon

SnayffSnayff Member Posts: 12
edited November 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Hi guys,

I read through the list of reported bugs and couldn't see this listed, my apologies if I missed it though!

I have just started ToB and gone to the fate spirit to summon all of the available crew. For me that was Haer, Yoshimo(dead), Neerax2 (listed as lover and companion) and Keldorn. That is it. I killed Rasaad in game, but what about Jan, Imoen, Cernd or the others? I wanted to take ToB as an opportunity to mix up my team, knowing it would be easy to swap them in and out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Current companions are Kolgan, Edwin, Dorn, Hexxat and Viconia.

Side note, has anyone else found that right clicking "Slayer form" brings up the spell info for barkskin?

Kind regards,
Snayff
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @Snayff‌
    Zip and attach a save please, will try & get the other characters available to you as well as looking into what has happened.

This is an unmodded game started in SoA and transferred to ToB after SoA completes? Are you using pc or other and was it purchased from Beamdog or other.
    Thanks
  • SnayffSnayff Member Posts: 12
    Hi @Gate70‌ thanks for getting in touch.

Playing BG2EE, finished BG2, beat Ilsemera(?) in the forest of guardians and then got to pocket plane. I dont have a save in the pocket plane as I have moved on (cant put the game down!). It is modded, about half way through BG2 I installed BG2_Tweaks v16, though I declined most of the additions, maiinly wanted to remove the race restrictions on romance.

Finally, bought through Steam.

Thanks!
    Could you zip the entire 0000nnnnnn-name folder so I have the other files to go with that save please @Snayff‌

Sounds like I don't need to investigate the cause - installing mods mid game is a likely culprit, but I will see if I can get the characters available for you, unless it is a major task.
    I thought it might be risky to mod half way so I kept a back up. That is somewhere back in chapter 2 in Athkatla though! Delved deep in to a few dungeons since then!

I would really appreciate it, thank you.

Here is the file too @Gate70‌ Thank you!
    edited November 2014
    @Snayff‌
    They all summon fine from that save in the unmodded game. Attached for your convenience.
    Cheers
    Great news, @Gate70‌ thank you. So do I need to just remove the mods from my game and should be sorted?
    @Snayff‌
    No, you should be good to go with that save (make sure you copy your original quicksave first in case this one doesn't work). All I did was travel to the Pocket Plane and summon them all. Uninstalling mods mid game is as bad, if not worse, than installing them. Hopefully your minimal selection of items means you won't see other issues.
    No need to immaculate my items there, @Gate70‌ ! :)

OK, trying it out now. Let's see what happens.

All working, thanks! Can't seem to close the thread, can anyone help on that one?
    Closed.
    & Slayer form description of barkskin is logged. Errrrm http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26283/7049-core-slayer-change-description
This discussion has been closed.