Skip to content

Inventory items disappear in multiplayer

We've twice experienced problems in a local (TCP/IP) multiplayer game where items disappear permanently – a far more annoying version of the BG/BG2EE duplication bug.

In one case, my wife was moving an item from one character to another: it disappeared from the first but never appeared in the target. In another, simply unequipping a shield caused it to disappear.

I believe this may have something to do with the other player (the host in both cases) engaging with a merchant or, possibly, opening the character sheet dialog as we were buying some new gear both times.

Both systems were running the release OS X version.

Comments

• acdhaacdha Member Posts: 15
    Update: this happened again while simply swapping out an equipped item with the now-gone phase dagger
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @acdha‌
    Issue #9982 covers clients moving items as the host saves. If your wife had the shield "in the air" during a save, that's this cause.

If you can work out a case that repeatedly causes this issue e.g. around stores we can get it logged and investigated. It may be that there are several issues, e.g. at a store, 2 players putting items in one bag of holding, etc. so fixing one scenario might leave others.

If you can get a case, a format such as shown in the example below would help us replicate it.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36148/how-to-report-bugs

Thanks
    @Gate70: that's certainly possible. I'll try to see if I can reliably reproduce it.
    @Gate70: after a bit more time, it looks like the only problem is #9982 – coordinating saves on the host seems to avoid all of the problems.