Skip to content

Solo Sun Soul Monk run.... **** me, right?

2»

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Iirc, Freedom of Action specifically nullifies any and all effects affecting your movement. Magic or not. It should negate boots of speed, but probably not an ability like Barbarian walking speed. Monk ability is just haste/slow immunity, which is different.

Next time don't melee Mr. S, use ranged. Slings or Darts both work.
    JuliusBorisov
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    edited November 2014
    I tried using ranged against Sarevok, fully buffed. But when your only ranged proficiencies are darts and throwing daggers, you're not really gonna do much damage with them :P

I was literally doing 1-2 damage with darts before going "You know what? Screw this, I do more damage punching him." Sarevok was just lucky the game doesn't have potions of Extra Healing or I'd have total'd him even faster.
    Use stun/poison darts. The base damage isn't as important as the side effects are... though yeah, his saves are good, and you'll need lots of ammo.

Daggers are great too, you'd just need to buff your str.
    JuliusBorisovlolienjackjack
    poisoning and stunning Sarevok on core? I doubt that's even possible; since his saves are really good. And I've used darts of wounding when I've needed them, but the thing is I've rarely needed them. Most mages were dead in a couple nukes from The One Gift Lost. Any that weren't just needed to be saved for last and I could easily just punch them to death.
    Did you try it? I don't think his saves are negatives, I've definately poisoned him before. Poison from the DoV makes it easy to do the whole 'backstab then run and hide behind a pillar' tactic, one of the easiest ways to kill him. Damage slows movement in IE games. ;)
    JuliusBorisovlolienjackjack
  • FalkonSwiftbladeFalkonSwiftblade Member Posts: 51
    edited December 2014
    I didn't read every single post, but other than the boots of speed, what other items did you end up with for your monk? I did the black pits and got a pair of gauntlets that give +4 thaco and +4 to hit that I'm using with my boots as well, currently I'm level 6 and it's a lil tough, I probably fight more than I need to.
    You cannot get the Gauntlets of Crushing in BG:EE's normal story mode, nor in TotSC. The best the monk could use prior to the strength tome is the Gauntlets of Ogre Power or the Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise. Though the AC bracers help a TON if you're short on potions. I used the belt that decreases your chance of getting hit by missile weapons, since those hurt tremendously when trying to go and murder things with your fists or to kite.

I used the Cloak of Protection +2, which was vital, and switched between the One Gift Lost for fireball pressure, and the shield amulet for a defensive buff.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I'd have grabbed the fire resistance ring and maybe considered different cheese options to get drizzts swords.