Skip to content

[IWD:EE] Can't complete dual-class - 53234203482 spells to select?

Hi All

I went to dual class my swashy at level 6, to a mage but I am having issues selecting my spells. The game says I have some ridiculous amount of 1st level spells to select. If I select a few, the spells become highlighted. If I keep selecting them, the highlights stop. At no point does it allow me to press "done".

I'm playing an unmodded version. I'm not sure what other info I can give in helping you to help me?

Any help at all, actually, is greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    I would suggest filing a bug including your savegame and steps to reproduce. http://forum.baldursgate.com/categories/iwd:ee-bugs

The only workaround might be not to dual-class, I'm not sure.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited November 2014
    @Khyber‌ do you have a save that you can attach for inspection please.
    (& moved to support forum)
    Thanks
  • mewp12mewp12 Member Posts: 61
    I was wondering the same. I wanted to dual lass one of my characters and it didn't give me the option.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @mewp12: You must have a certain set of statistics to dual class into another class. For instance if you wish to dual INTO a Warrior I believe you must have either a 16 or 17 strength (or above) to dual into that class. If you don't meet those requirements you cannot dual.

If you do believe you meet the requirement, please identify what you were coming from, going to and what your stats are and what process you tried and where it failed (this would be a different issue so open a new thread for it).

@Khyber: Can you tell me what level your Swashbuckler was, what your statistics were/are, and what equipment you're wearing? (a saved game would be best obviously, but if you don't have a saved game, I can try to repro assuming I can create a duplicate character). The "some ridiculous amount" number may be extremely important as well as it could indicate an overflow of an internal variable in some way, so please let us know what that number of spells you're seeing is too.