Skip to content

Whispers of Silence and True seeing

My shadowdancer dualed to fighter is wearing Whispers of Silence(cloak of non-detection). When he attacked the lich in city gates district (imune to backstab, but got some demage) and again hid in shadows, the lich casted stop time and true seeing. The true seeing made my character visible first time. After he hid again, true seeing didn't detect him any more. Can somebody explain this behaviour?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited November 2014
    Timestop prevents you from using stealth, so if you are hidden when someone casts Timestop, then once it comes time for the game to check to see if you are still stealthy you will automatically fail (just as if you got held or disabled in any other way while hidden). The cloak does prevent true seeing from removing your stealth, but liches can also automatically see invisible creatures.
  • oldlamehandoldlamehand Member Posts: 39
    It is strange, he was not going after me, or targeting me with spells, when I was Invisible. Maybe only demiliches see invisible creatures. The lich summoned pit fiend and, which was going after me, when I ddn't have protection from evil. Later he summoned efreeti, and he was also attacking through invisibility.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited November 2014
    It is possible that the one you were fighting did not have the invisibility detection script but most do.

Edit: Yeah, the Crooked Crane lich is a bit odd in that it does not have some of the usual lich immunities and also lacks the invisibility detection script.