Skip to content

Thief Stronghold question (minor spoilers)

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    You can't return to Amn once you've entered Spellhold. The thieves guild does require you to pay a tithe to Renald, but that's suspended during chapter 4 - 6. Once you return to Amn, it starts again so one of your first stops should be the thieves guild.

I suggest doing the guild's quests before leaving. There aren't many and I found the rewards more useful at that point in the game.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    The Thieves guild quests are pretty easy, and the Thief Stronghold is probably the biggest freaking cheese when it comes to earning gold in the game. Like if I'm a thief, I literally prefer doing "AddGold" console cheats, because while I can rack up all the gold in the world that I want, I'm usually like, in day 118 by the time I get 40k and move on with the game after (ab)using the Thief's Stronghold. Fighter Stronghold is the same way, though you actually lose a lot of money trying to keep the people happy.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    demented said:

You can't return to Amn once you've entered Spellhold. The thieves guild does require you to pay a tithe to Renald, but that's suspended during chapter 4 - 6. Once you return to Amn, it starts again so one of your first stops should be the thieves guild.

I suggest doing the guild's quests before leaving. There aren't many and I found the rewards more useful at that point in the game.

This is the way it works now, but in vBG2 you did actually loose your thief guild almost immediately after setting off for Spellhold. The enhanced editions have fixed this issue so you no longer need to worry.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353

The Thieves guild quests are pretty easy, and the Thief Stronghold is probably the biggest freaking cheese when it comes to earning gold in the game. Like if I'm a thief, I literally prefer doing "AddGold" console cheats, because while I can rack up all the gold in the world that I want, I'm usually like, in day 118 by the time I get 40k and move on with the game after (ab)using the Thief's Stronghold. Fighter Stronghold is the same way, though you actually lose a lot of money trying to keep the people happy.

When it comes to cheese, nothing beats stealing stuff and selling it to the shadow thief and restealing/selling for infinite money. Of course at that point you might aswell do addgold.
  • RedViiperRedViiper Member Posts: 48
    Lifat said:

When it comes to cheese, nothing beats stealing stuff and selling it to the shadow thief and restealing/selling for infinite money. Of course at that point you might aswell do addgold.
    How else do I get my 15,000 back after being scammed by the shadow thieves? ;)
  • bernardchubernardchu Member Posts: 44
    I just got my thief stronghold and got through my 10 day period.
    My thief lieutenant (forgot his name...) told me to pay the "Quotamaster".

Who/Where this "Quotamaster" character??? I can't find him!?
  • CField17CField17 Member Posts: 122
    RedViiper said:

Lifat said:

I thought it was $20,000?
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    CField17 said:

RedViiper said:

Lifat said:

I thought it was $20,000?
    You get a discount if you go and hear Bodhi's offer. Ofc, a pure thief won't have that choice.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Tresset said:

This is the way it works now, but in vBG2 you did actually loose your thief guild almost immediately after setting off for Spellhold. The enhanced editions have fixed this issue so you no longer need to worry.

I believe "something / some mods" fixed it in vBG2 because I used to keep this stronghold beyond chapter 4.