Skip to content

#10675 - [Linux] Alt-F4 crashes game

DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
edited November 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
This might be due to me running the gnome remix of Ubuntu 14.04. I'm not sure if it happens in the Unity interface, as I only run gnome. Nvidia drivers 343.22, Geforce GTX 980.

1. Press Alt-F4 in game.

*Observed* The message "Are you sure you want to quit? Boo will miss you." pops up. The mouse cursor still is using the Baldur's Gate cursor and I am unable to click on anything. Eventually the mutter dialog pops up, saying "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition has stopped responding, Force Quit/Wait. Waiting doesn't restore the mouse cursor or allow anything to be clicked on. Obviously Force Quitting kills the game and the Boo will miss you dialog window.

*Expected* Game doesn't stop responding, and options in Boo will miss you dialog to be clickable.
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    I can reproduce this on my laptop with Iris Pro 5200 graphics, still using ubuntu 14.04 gnome remix on there.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Tagged. I can replicate in two different instances.
    1. Steam version with the Steam overlay open in either fullscreen or windowed mode results in a complete hang.
    2. Fullscreen mode without Steam overlay open results in a the exiting message becoming unresponsive, but still allows you to press Escape and will bring you back to the game.