Skip to content

How to install mods for BG 2 EE

I used to install mods for the original BG 2 and it felt quite easy.

Now however I get a little black window saying I'm not installing the in IE game directory - what does this mean?
Seriously I can't get any mods to install, can someone give me a mega simplified step-by-step guide? :)
lolien

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    For beamdog games you need to find a folder named 000783 or something (you'll know it when you see it) that folder is the ie game directory
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

Now however I get a little black window saying I'm not installing the in IE game directory - what does this mean?
    Seriously I can't get any mods to install, can someone give me a mega simplified step-by-step guide? :)

Make sure the mods you're trying to install have been updated to work with the EE games. There are differences from the originals and not all of the old mods will work in these new versions.

CrevsDaak
  • TiddlersoupTiddlersoup Member Posts: 7
    Thank guys, turned out needed to install them in GOG folder... Now I have a new issue!

BG2EE will load, but it won't let me make a new saved game. It's weird because I've tried uninstalling the latest mods I installed, but nothing seems to help. I can carry on playing my current game but no new ones :( Any tips? Anyone experienced this? Is it best to delete everything and reinstall and try each one until I find the one that breaks it? Are any certain mods known for this?
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    I don't know if it goes without saying, but mods installed on a GOG game won't affect BGII: EE and vice versa.
    CrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.